Not all of my media is working

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 223
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 5 2019 7:35 AM

Hi,

I'm having trouble loading large parts of my media library. I can see all of my media templates when I go to the media tool, but then many of the newest media templates will not load when I click on them.

To give one example, I tried to load the blew Palm Trees template, which shows up as the newest media when I filter by "Uploaded (newest first)". The Header template will load, but none of the other media slides will load. If I click on the content template, for example, I am just given a white screen. If I start on the Header slide, but then try to move to the right to the content template, it is stuck in an eternal loading loop.

Anyone know what is going on? Almost all of the newest content is doing this to me.

PS - I did update to the newest version this morning.

Rev. Ben Hein

Shady Grove Presbyterian Church (PCA)

Reformed Theological Seminary, M.Div (2017)

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 7:40 AM

Ben Hein:
Anyone know what is going on?

I don';t know what is happening but I can reproduce what you are describing - running Logos 8.3 on Windows 10

Posts 4689
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 8:42 AM

Graham Criddle:
I don';t know what is happening but I can reproduce what you are describing - running Logos 8.3 on Windows 10

I don';t know what is happening either, but I can reproduce what you are describing - running Logos 8.3 on MacOS 10.14.3

Is this what you mean?

but with the whirligig going round.

And just to show my ignorance...

How do you filter on 'uploaded - newest first'?

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 9:07 AM

Mike Binks:

Selecting that piece of media I don't get anything displayed and I don't get a spinning circle either

Mike Binks:

There's a dropdown menu

Posts 223
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 9:53 AM

Like Graham, I don't get anything when I select that piece of media. But if I scroll over to it from the Header slide, then yeah it looks like that with the spinning wheel.

I'm also on 8.3 on latest version of Mac OS X

Rev. Ben Hein

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 342
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 10:11 AM

Thanks for reporting this everyone!  We are busy investigating this issue, but I am not sure how soon the fix can be made available.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 10:14 AM

Thanks Joe for acknowledging and providing an update

Appreciated, Graham 

Posts 4689
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 2:41 PM

Graham Criddle:

Mike Binks:

Selecting that piece of media I don't get anything displayed and I don't get a spinning circle either

Mike Binks:

There's a dropdown menu

Thats just typical!  

You 'chosen' windows users get the drop down arrows.

We poor, second class, Mac sufferers have to guess that there is a a drop down.

Wink

Posts 223
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 6:29 AM

Any updates on this yet?

Rev. Ben Hein

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 223
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2019 7:57 AM

Bump

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

Thanks for reporting this everyone!  We are busy investigating this issue, but I am not sure how soon the fix can be made available.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Rev. Ben Hein

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 223
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 3:51 PM

Joe are there any projected updates on this? There are still large portions of my media library that are not accessible.

Rev. Ben Hein

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 4689
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 12:40 AM

Ben Hein:

Joe are there any projected updates on this? There are still large portions of my media library that are not accessible.

Well I was hoping to report some good news what with the flurry of updates recently.But on the latest beta things seem to have got even worse.

All media loads - the Palm Tree shows - when it loads it shows a picture of the sea of Hastings on a very foggy day.

Posts 342
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 10:36 AM

Ben Hein:

Ben, we are still investigating this issue.  It has not been fixed in our latest updates, I do apologize for the inconvenience

Posts 97
Dave Gifford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2019 3:43 PM

Just adding my voice---this is still a problem. Windows 10 64 bit , latest Logos and Latest Verbum. I get NO media every single time. Happy to assist with at will reproduction

Posts 4689
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 12:08 AM

Dave Gifford:

Just adding my voice---this is still a problem. Windows 10 64 bit , latest Logos and Latest Verbum. I get NO media every single time. Happy to assist with at will reproduction

I have good and bad news!

The Good News is that the Media is working on both my Beta and Stable installations Logos 8.4.0.0035 and MacOS 10.14.4.

The Bad News is that there is still no indication that these sections have hidden dropdown. Of course if there were indications they would no longer be hidden so maybe that is the point?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS