I thought this got fixed in 8.3?

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1777
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 10:55 PM

Michael Farrar:
My question would be, would they be able to create it so that the Notebooks could be sorted by Titled/Heading/First-Line-Style like we could sort by Title in L7?

Absolutely! They've already discussed adding sorting alphabetically by first line regardless of styles. If Once styles are implemented I would envision sorting alphabetically by Title styled text if any and falling back to first-line text when no title style is present. We would, of course, also want facets to be able to filter on the presence/absence of styles (absence being especially useful for the Title style).

Michael Farrar:
There are no other ways to sort.

If you're talking about notes in a notebook, this isn't true. In fact, the default sort when filter by a notebook is "by Notebook". This sort order starts out by created date, I believe, but any manual reordering via drag-n-drop will be remembered, so you could do your own alphabetical sorting.

Michael Farrar:
they have not yet brought back compact view. Of course, with no title, what would compact view be anyway?

The compact view has been implemented on the web app, so you can see what it'll likely be like on the desktop (and fairly soon, I assume).

Posts 45
Michael Farrar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2019 12:02 AM

Reuben Helmuth:
Absolutely! They've already discussed adding sorting alphabetically by first line regardless of styles.

That would satisfy my needs perfectly! Like I said, I don't really care about the style (L8 notes does look a lot better than L7 notes), so if I could sort by the first line then I would be very satisfied!

Reuben Helmuth:
The compact view has been implemented on the web app, so you can see what it'll likely be like on the desktop (and fairly soon, I assume)

I remember reading something about this on one of the forums a while back, but I didn't realize it was already up on the web view since I can't access the internet all the time. I don't even know how to get to the web view... :)

Posts 2972
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2019 6:44 AM

Michael Farrar:
Does Faithlife want us to no longer make notes that are unanchored? And if not, then how are we to sort those unanchored notes?

I believe they said filtering only unanchored notes is coming in 8.4 beta 1 which drops tomorrow.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 2972
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2019 6:45 AM

Michael Farrar:
I remember reading something about this on one of the forums a while back, but I didn't realize it was already up on the web view since I can't access the internet all the time. I don't even know how to get to the web view... :)

https://app.logos.com and the compact view is beautiful on the web. Can't wait to see it in desktop.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS