Daily Office readings

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Rachel Dai | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 5 2010 12:22 PM

I would love for you to add the daily Scripture readings from the Book of Common Prayer to your lectionary feature. The Book of Common Prayer has Old and New Testament scriptures for each day, and morning and evening Psalms. I prefer this system for my daily devotional reading since it follows the church calendar.

Thanks!

Posts 31967
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 5 2010 3:09 PM

I do have this on the list to do but I think the Lutheran sources will probably become available first. I do have some Anglican material done but at the moment I am concentrating on Lutheran, Jewish and Catholic materials. I am in the process of collecting Methodist and Presbyterian materials. Early on Logos said they would carry the lectionaries if I provided the material - I am not a Logos employee. I have sent them one batch of material but it was selected to illustrate some of the weaknesses in the system. The second batch is still a week or two away. Then Logos needs to deal with any copyright issues and convert from my format into theirs. All of which is a long way of saying, yes it is being worked on. If you are interested in putting the readings into an Excel/Open Office spread sheet for me, contact me at mjespuiva with the standard @aol.com

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS