Sending the content of a note to a Sermon Document

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 21937
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 12 2019 1:19 PM

The release notes for 8.4 beta 1 have:

• Added the ability to send the content of a note to a Sermon Document.

This is really helpful but a couple of things:

It only seems to have the ability to send to a new Sermon Document not one that is already open. Could the option of sending to an open document be added?

And sending the note results in copying the contents of the anchor as well (even when it is an "anchor by reference")

Is this actually what is intended?

Posts 359
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 4:05 PM

Graham Criddle:
It only seems to have the ability to send to a new Sermon Document not one that is already open. Could the option of sending to an open document be added?

We experimented with this while developing the internal alpha, but the Sermon panel wasn't supporting the slide auto-creation when sending new content to an existing document. We don't want to ship a feature that feels broken, but it would have taken further effort to find and fix this issue in the Sermons code. Since our current priority for Notes is feature parity with old notes, which didn't support sending to a new [correction] an existing Sermon, we decided to punt on that for now.

Graham Criddle:
sending the note results in copying the contents of the anchor... Is this actually what is intended?

Yes; again, this matches the functionality of old notes. We also internally debated whether that is the best behavior, and decided to leave it: It's easier to remove it from the Sermon than add it.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 21937
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 12:14 AM

Hi Adam

Thanks for the insight - appreciated.

But I just wanted to check one thing

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Since our current priority for Notes is feature parity with old notes, which didn't support sending to a new Sermon, we decided to punt on that for now.

But this new feature only supports sending to new Sermons so seems the opposite of the old behaviour you describe.

I don’t use the old feature so don’t actually know which was the case

Posts 2
LogosEmployee

The old feature only supported 'Save as Sermon'. I believe Adam just meant the new behavior matches the old feature.

Posts 359
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 11:09 AM

Right; sorry, I misspoke. I'll edit the post to correct.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS