8.4 Beta 1 bug? - "Resources ready to be added to your library"

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 15 2019 11:49 AM

The notification "Resources ready to be added to your library - Updates will be added when the application is restarted" won't go away. 

I've restarted several times, and here is the log from the last restart:

5226.Logos.log

8.4 Beta 1, version 8.4.0.0007 on Mac OS X 10.14.3

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 26512
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 2:17 PM

I had a similar problem ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 2:29 PM

Hey Todd,

I don't know if it is the same issue or not, but I had a notification that would not go away. I had purchased a book that had apparently not downloaded. I went to the library and sorted for resources marked as "not on any device".  There sat the book I had purchased. When I clicked on it it gave me the option to download. After indexing was complete, the notification went away.

Again, I don't know if that is what you are seeing.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 3:00 PM

Thanks Fred.  I can see the resource by doing that, but the download button doesn't seem to do anything.  Also the right click menu on the library has "Cancel download" but it didn't do anything either.

So I tried hiding the resource, and that got rid of the notification. Then I unhid it, and it downloaded. 

Everything seems fine now.  Restarted a couple times to be sure.  Still, it seems like something wasn't working right.  I shouldn't have to do that.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 7:24 PM

For Todd, that notification occurs when resources are downloaded, but they cannot replace the current library versions without a restart. Do you have Auto Download Updates = YES?

I think a new resource might go to "Not on this device" when Auto Download New Resources = NO, but it should be downloaded when you OK the notification (without having to go to Library). I haven't been able to test this, nor the scenario when both new and updated resources download together.

The Cloud resources feature still isn't "right", and some its problems are serious.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 7:46 PM

Dave Hooton:
For Todd, that notification occurs when resources are downloaded, but they cannot replace the current library versions without a restart. Do you have Auto Download Updates = YES?

Yes I do.

Dave Hooton:
I think a new resource might go to "Not on this device" when Auto Download New Resources = NO, but it should be downloaded when you OK the notification (without having to go to Library). I haven't been able to test this, nor the scenario when both new and updated resources download together.

I think it's a new resource for me. It's marked temporary, and it's one of this month's Verbum Now resources.

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee

Dave Hooton:

This is incorrect. When a new resource is detected, it will either be marked as a cloud resource or a local resource based on the "Auto Download New Resources" setting. It will not be downloaded unless you go to the library and tell it to download.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 11:32 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
This is incorrect. When a new resource is detected, it will either be marked as a cloud resource or a local resource based on the "Auto Download New Resources" setting. It will not be downloaded unless you go to the library and tell it to download.

Thanks, Andrew. We might have covered this before, so it shows the importance of documenting the new concepts and new behaviour. So:

1. Automatically Download New Resources
    1. YES = treat as Local and download
    2. NO = treat as Cloud, download from Library or Resource preview. However, the lack of any Notification is disconcerting
    3. Change wording in Settings to reflect this
    4. However, there is a disturbing issue when switching from NO to YES, which I will document separately.
  2. Automatically Download Updates
    1. YES/NO behaviour as previously?. These are Local resources.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS