Data Type References gone from Greek root words in NASB and Newberry Interlinear

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
John Currier | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 16 2019 3:40 PM

So I'm an infrequent user of my Logos 7, about every 2 weeks, though I think it's been a month.  Since my last use, I have lost the Data Type References (hyperlinks) that make the Greek root words clickable and have the corresponding definition opened in BDAG.  The two resources I used this in are the NASB95 and Newberry Interlinear Translation of the Greek New Testament.  I doubt I made any changes to any settings.  Does anyone know if it's possible to get these back, or have they been eliminated from the resources mentioned?

Currently the only way I can see to look up the BDAG entry is to right click on the word in the resource, click on the corresponding Greek root word in the right column of the window that pops up, then click Power Lookup, then click the BDAG resource entry in the Power Lookup window.  4 steps instead of a simple left click, and screen real estate surrendered to the Power Lookup window.

Posts 27108
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2019 8:47 PM

Welcome John! Smile

I don't know if I can be of help. I do not use the original language tools often. Some thoughts/questions:

• There are several editions of the NASB. Is it possible that you are using the wrong copy? 
  • Do you know what you own? You should never lose resources/datasets which you OWN. If you subscribed to Logos Now / Faithlife Connect and stopped subscribing, that would explain loss in functionality. 
  • Is there a reason you haven't updated to the free L8 engine? The L7 forum has all but died out. Moving forward, your best bet for help is to update to the L8 engine and post in the L8 forum. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 17787
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2019 9:22 PM

John Currier:
Currently the only way I can see to look up the BDAG entry is to right click on the word in the resource, click on the corresponding Greek root word in the right column of the window that pops up, then click Power Lookup, then click the BDAG resource entry in the Power Lookup window.

Welcome Big Smile

Curious if have tried Tool => Information (can be configured to refresh on click OR hover). For example, Information shows stuff after clicking Χαιρετε in The Interlinear Literal Translation of the Greek New Testament

Personally have Lexham Analytical Lexicon to the Greek New Testament as my highest prioritized Greek Lexicon.

John Currier:
Since my last use, I have lost the Data Type References (hyperlinks) that make the Greek root words clickable and have the corresponding definition opened in BDAG.

Curious what word(s) in verse(s) are being problematic ? Screenshot could be helpful for illustration.

John Currier:
So I'm an infrequent user of my Logos 7

Logos 8 Basic is a free software upgrade for Logos 7.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 24441
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2019 9:34 PM

John Currier:
Currently the only way I can see to look up the BDAG entry is to right click on the word in the resource, click on the corresponding Greek root word in the right column of the window that pops up, then click Power Lookup, then click the BDAG resource entry in the Power Lookup window. 

I think you mean Greek Lemma, as Root (a selection below the Lemma) doesn't give access to Power Lookup.

So, are you saying that BDAG is not available on the LHS (below Power Lookup), with your other lexicons?

John Currier:
Since my last use, I have lost the Data Type References (hyperlinks) that make the Greek root words clickable and have the corresponding definition opened in BDAG.  The two resources I used this in are the NASB95 and Newberry Interlinear Translation of the Greek New Testament. 

What do you mean by "clickable". If BDAG is your preferred lexicon, a double-click of the word in Newberry should open BDAG. A double-click in NASB95 won't do that as you are clicking on an English word.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS