OT: Does anyone know of a dictionary app where you can do advanced searching?

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 10638
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 9:44 AM

Mark Barnes:

Denise:
Well, I hope I understood you correctly. In the example below, I searched for any words usably as adverbs beginning in 'ba'

Unfortunately the SOED on iOS only adds the part of speech to the suggestion where a word can be used in more than one way. So most adverbs are missing from your list.

You're right!

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1939
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 12:19 PM

Kolen Cheung:
By the way, isn't this sort of question not quite aligned with the forum guideline?

Thanks to JRS and this thread, I was able to add a hyperlink to my "Textual Sermon Prep" WORKFLOW, using the WORKFLOW EDITOR in Logos 8.3 Big Smile

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 788
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2020 5:02 PM

FWIW:  

I just received the following email regarding a new, version 9 of WordWeb:

Dear JRS,

I'm pleased to announce a major new version of the WordWeb Pro dictionary and thesaurus, version 9 (for Windows). Changes this version include:

• Extensive revisions, with many thousands of new words, senses, updates and clarifications
  • Much more comprehensive tagging of informal and other usages
  • Links to phrasal verb and compounds for each word
  • Now over 300,000 words in the word list, about 10,000 more compared to version 8
  • Thousands of new audio pronunciations
  • Support for Dark Mode theme
  • Support for latest MS Edge browser
  • Improve mouse wheel and trackpad scrolling control

Among the many new words in this version you'll find everything from snowflakery to spaffing, headcam to nanoplastic. The optional additional word lists have also been updated, including the huge Wikipedia list and extensive additions to the sets of additional word lists. The new optional Dark Mode is also supported by all the optional add-on Oxford, Chambers and Collins dictionaries.

For information about the latest Windows version see the WordWeb Home Page. Updates for mobile and Mac platforms should happen automatically from the app stores as the apps are updated in due course.

Upgrade to version 9 now

Yours,

Antony Lewis
WordWeb Software

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS