Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 18 2019 10:51 AM

In what circumstances is the option to select 'Enable remote control over local WiFi' greyed out?

Before our Sunday morning service it became apparent that the Church WiFi was underperforming and the Proclaim App on my iPad would not change slides timeously.

I went to Settings - Remote and found that the option to switch to local wi-fi was not available and was reduced to balancing the laptop on my knee for the duration of the service.

Posts 343
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 11:04 AM

Hello Mike,

Was the presentation currently On Air when you were looking at that option?  Most of the options in the  Settings menu become unavailable once the On Air button is activated.

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 1:58 AM

Justin (Faithlife):

Hello Mike,

Was the presentation currently On Air when you were looking at that option?  Most of the options in the  Settings menu become unavailable once the On Air button is activated.

Indeed that was probably the case.

Perhaps there would be room in the box for a hint that you need to go off air to activate might be a helpful reminder?

Posts 343
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 11:56 AM

You're right, that would be a helpful reminder, it often comes up as a point of confusion. I'll pass that forward to the developers!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS