Bug: WF Notes deep-linking behavior

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1975
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 19 2019 12:28 PM

Clicking a WF note anchor does expand the relevant section if it's collapsed but does not scroll to that location, nor does it highlight anything in any way. The result is that if you have other sections expanded, it's difficult to find where the note is. This is especially true when the relevant section (along with others) have already been expanded (in which case essentially nothing happens).

Expected behavior: Expand if needed. Scroll step into view. (optionally but preferably) Highlight that note object in some way.

Posts 1975
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 12:31 PM

Reuben Helmuth:
Highlight that note object in some way

This will be more important once we have multiple notes per step.

Posts 1975
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 7:26 AM

Bump. Any FL response?

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 12:21 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

Clicking a WF note anchor does expand the relevant section if it's collapsed but does not scroll to that location, nor does it highlight anything in any way. The result is that if you have other sections expanded, it's difficult to find where the note is. This is especially true when the relevant section (along with others) have already been expanded (in which case essentially nothing happens).

Expected behavior: Expand if needed. Scroll step into view. (optionally but preferably) Highlight that note object in some way.

Reuben,

I'll write up a case to improve scrolling. I don't believe we plan to have it highlight the response area.

Posts 1975
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 23 2019 12:29 AM

Philana R. Crouch:
I'll write up a case to improve scrolling.

Thanks, Philana.

Philana R. Crouch:
I don't believe we plan to have it highlight the response area

Could we at least have consistency with the rest of the program and respect the "show visual cues" setting? When clicking an anchor results in either opening a resource OR simply scrolling the note into view, the visual cue "flash" gets activated directly at the note icon. For consistency, let alone for the UX, this should be incorporated with WF note anchors as well.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS