Ongoing problems with using Proclaim remote in local wifi mode

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 21928
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 24 2019 6:06 AM

I reported problems some weeks ago with using the Proclaim remote (on my iPad) in local wifi mode. But I saw some recent updates which referred to some problems being fixed so tried it again this morning.

However, I still get error indications about slide change errors.

Proclaim log attached - and I note an error message about network names

52432.Proclaim.log

I'll also send the log from the iPad

After one failed attempt I disabled local wifi mode and everything worked fine.

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks, Graham

Posts 611
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 24 2019 8:36 AM

Thanks for the report Graham! And sorry about the issues, I will take a look

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 21928
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 24 2019 8:59 AM

Thanks Jordan

Posts 611
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2019 4:30 PM

I dug into your issue and I'm wondering antivirus. The error you are getting is one I have not seen before, but when spelunking the web I find lots of people with a similar issue when access network drives, which is similar to what we are doing with local wifi control. In those cases, one cause was antivirus messing with the connection.

If this is constantly reproducible for you, could you try with antivirus disabled and see if that affects it? 

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 21928
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 9:50 AM

Jordan Sjodin:
If this is constantly reproducible for you, could you try with antivirus disabled and see if that affects it? 

I've just tried it again and it worked fine with a local wifi connection - in that slide changes worked without errors.

However I did see problems similar to what Mark was describing at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/180327.aspx in that the slides weren't rendering on my iPad until I tapped the place where the slide should be

In the screenshot below I've just tapped the slide outlined in red which caused the thumbnail to appear - it was blank before I tapped it

and in this second screenshot I've just tapped the space to the right of the two blue slides

Log attached - and the presentation this relates to was loaded at 16:17:56

2235.Proclaim.log

I see errors at 16:22:13 and 16:22:56 (and I understand the last one might indicate an anti-virus issue although I have excluded AppData\Local\Proclaim from the scan (using Windows Defender)

Log from remote is also attached

1072.ProclaimMobile - Logs 3.8.5.2.zip

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 21928
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2019 12:16 PM

And this evening i had multiple problems with slide changes not being recognised even with local WiFi disabled,

Posts 348
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2019 12:18 PM

Sorry the issue came up again for you Graham. 

Could you send another set of log files for us to compare?

Posts 21928
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2019 1:25 AM

Hi Justin

Logs are below:

3730.ProclaimMobile - Logs 3.8.5.2.zip

63057.Proclaim.log

It looks - at least to me - like a different underlying cause this time.

It would be really helpful to know if there is a problem with the software / services or something at my end. It has become really unreliable which is a real distraction when preaching.

Thanks, Graham

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2019 5:54 AM

Just an FYI. I haven't had any issues while using the remote with the local WIFI option enabled. However, I have never had much success when trying to use the remote with the local WIFI option disabled.

I did encounter difficulties when I first started using the local WIFI several years ago, but not since re-designing the WIFI in our facility. Based on the problems you are describing while trying to use the remote with the local WIFI option enabled, I would suspect spotty WIFI as the primary cause. Since it is working so well for me, and I assume others, l don't see how there could be any programming issues with the Proclaim Application. I suppose there could be a difference between the Mac and Windows versions of Proclaim. I use Mac products equipped with McAfee AV for everything.

Posts 21928
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2019 6:13 AM

Thanks Michael

Michael Wright:
Based on the problems you are describing while trying to use the remote with the local WIFI option enabled, I would suspect spotty WIFI as the primary cause

It's possible - although the laptop we use for presenting has a wired connection so it would only relate to the iPad - and the signal there seems to be fine.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS