Why are the March Matchup Specials higher than buying each book separately?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Scott J Sherwood | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 27 2019 7:02 AM

Hi I'm Scott, and I'm a Logos-oholic.  I love nearly everything about Logos.  I do have a question about the dynamic pricing on these March Matchup specials.  I'll use Hebrews as an example.

It tells me that my dynamic sale price is $77.36 and that the price if each resource was purchased separately would be $101.60.  But, when I add up the price of each resource "sold separately," it only adds up to $73.30.  

I spot-checked a couple other March Matchup specials with similar results (without doing the precise math).  

I started a chat, but did not hear back before I had to sign off.  That's no problem, they can only get to so many chat requests at a time, I'm sure.  

Can someone help me understand this?  And the bigger question for me is how many times I have overpaid by assuming the "sale" price was lower than the combined price of each resource bought separately.  I have bought a lot of collections over the years.  Not looking for any refunds, but I would like to learn something that helps me proceed with confidence in my future purchases.

Posts 7
Plip | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 8:07 AM

When you're adding up the value of each resource purchased separately, are you certain you have each resource expanded so that the prices are visible? The reason I ask is that I made exactly that mistake.

I went to the March Matchups Hebrews collection to see if I got a similar result to yours. Initially, I did. It said there were 22 resources that were new to me, which would cost $261.99 if purchased separately. But when I totaled the individual prices, it came up about $50 short of that. Then I realized I had included only 19 prices in my calculation. I'd missed three because they weren't expanded (and I hadn't seen the price). When I included those three, I came up with exactly $261.99.

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 8:31 AM

I am unsure, but it may be unique to you. 

I just added up all of the unowned books from the Hebrews package and it matches exactly for me. FWIW - My purchase price is slightly higher than yours (so very similar). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21941
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 8:42 AM

Scott J Sherwood:
Can someone help me understand this?

As others have said, this doesn't seem to be a universal problem.

Are you able to post a screenshot showing what you are seeing?

As below, the costs shown add up to the "individual cost" ($40) stated

Posts 5
Scott J Sherwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 9:00 AM

Thank you.  You called it.  I had failed to expand one of the collections.  I can match the numbers now.  Although the intro paragraph tells me I'm getting 6 new resources and the detail now shows 11.  That's why I did not keep looking once I saw 6 in the list.  That mystery doesn't concern me as much though because it is not costing me $$.  

Thank you for the help.  I am happy to stand corrected.  

Posts 898
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 9:27 AM

This can also happen if the individual resources have academic pricing on the early rounds, where academic pricing might be more than the March Madness discount. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS