How do I sort my highlights to just show highlights within a single book?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Madison | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 19 2019 11:37 PM

I have been putting all of my highlights across hundreds of books into one highlighter file. My problem is that now when I want to just see what I have highlighted in a single book (especially when writing a paper) it is extremely difficult to navigate. How can I sort it down to a specific book to make it easier?

Thanks in advance!

Posts 22104
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 11:51 PM

Madison:
How can I sort it down to a specific book to make it easier?

In the Notes Tool, you can filter by resource

which gives this

Is this what you are looking for?

Posts 37
Madison | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2019 12:01 AM

Thanks for your quick reply! I see where I can sort by resource on my iPad but not on my computer. I'm using Logos 7 for Mac, by the way. It looks a little bit different than these screenshots.

Posts 22104
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2019 12:13 AM

Madison:
I'm using Logos 7 for Mac, by the way. It looks a little bit different than these screenshots.

Yes, the screenshots I showed - and this particular functionality - is in the new Notes Tool shipped with Logos 8.

I would recommend upgrading to that version - the free, Basic, upgrade is available at https://www.logos.com/product/168880/logos-8-basic 

Before upgrading I would just double-check there aren't any Notes features you use that aren't currently available in the new Notes Tool. Details at https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016616512-Notes-FAQ (and some of the items listed as beta features have actually shipped recently)

Posts 37
Madison | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2019 12:29 AM

Oh great! I'm downloading it now.

On a related note, how do I force my iPad highlights to sync? I usually read in Airplane Mode and my highlights apparently are not syncing after I connect to WiFi.

Posts 2046
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2019 12:54 AM

Madison:
how do I force my iPad highlights to sync?

There is a "Sync Your Data" option in the main menu (three line button at the far right of the toolbar). This might not work, however, until you have L8 desktop which will cause a migration of all your notes into the new Notes database.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS