Best Way to Cross-Reference?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Jeremy Morris | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 22 2019 10:42 AM

Hello, I'm cross referencing Genesis 28:12 (Jacob's Ladder) and John 1:51 (Angels Ascending & Descending on Son of Man). I want this single note that has info about the connection between these two verses to show up in any Bible I'm reading and of course in each Bible Book notebook they belong in, such as Genesis notes and John notes.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2019 10:59 AM

The easiest way would be to anchor the note to both passages.

Create a Note for John 1:51

In the note, select Add Anchor

Enter the reference for Gen 28:12

Posts 11
Jeremy Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2019 11:37 AM

Thank you for your help Fred! It appears that you are right, i would need to Anchor both scriptures and just place the note in a "Topical Notebook" I create, or I could just Anchor each verse individually to its own Book Notebook and then tag each of them with the topic.

I'm sure once I spend a bit more time with Logos 8 my mind will start to understand and compartmentalize how it works better.

Thanks again!

Posts 11
Jeremy Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2019 11:46 AM

Now I can add a link from text within a note to the web app note location, but that only links the note in my browser. Is there any way to link text from within a note to another note? That would be fantastic!

Posts 325
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2019 11:55 AM

Closer to God:

Is there any way to link text from within a note to another note? That would be fantastic!

You can in the Desktop App. Just copy the link in a L4 format then add it to your link:

Copy the link:

Create the Link:

Posts 11
Jeremy Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2019 1:10 PM

ANDREW!!! You're amazing bro! Remind me of . . . well, me . . . Ha jk. Thanks again!

Posts 325
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2019 5:06 PM

Closer to God:

ANDREW!!! You're amazing bro! Remind me of . . . well, me . . . Ha jk. Thanks again!

Haha...awesome! :)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS