Problems with Psalm Explorer in Logos and Verbum 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
fran | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 23 2019 6:33 PM

If I start Psalm Explorer on a Psalm (e.g., Ps 1) the overview feature will work, but does so only once. If I have the panel linked with my preferred bible it will match up when I switch to a different psalm, but the overview feature will not work at all. And if I type a psalm reference into the box in the explorer it will not take me to the desired psalm in explorer or in the linked panel.

Posts 21573
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 11:01 PM

Hi Fran

Just to say that I can reproduce what you are describing - although I don't understand what you meant in the first line by "but does so only once"

Hopefully someone from Faithlife will be able to look into this.

Graham

Posts 4552
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2019 12:21 AM

I too can reproduce this using the latest Beta version.

MacOS 10.14.4

Posts 2371
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2019 2:46 PM

fran:

And if I type a psalm reference into the box in the explorer it will not take me to the desired psalm in explorer or in the linked panel.

This is the only bug I can reproduce, can you provide a screencast to show what steps you are taking? I'll write up a case for the reference navigation.

Posts 6
fran | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2019 5:22 PM

I've never done a screen shot before so bear with me.

This is what the screen looks like when I first start:

At this point, if I type a reference into the search box of the explorer it will go to the desired psalm (along with the linked panels as well). All the trouble begins when I use the "Overview" feature (or the "About" feature). They operate correctly this first use:

When I hit the return arrow it takes me back to the original screen (1st screen shot), but then I am unable to use the reference box. When I type in a reference and activate it all the linked panels do not respond. In addition, the "Overview" and "About" features also become inactive. I have to exit and restart the Psalm Explorer If I want to look at the overview again or look at another psalm.

I hope this has been helpful

Posts 6
fran | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2019 5:37 PM

Sigh. I've never done a screen shot before and just finished posting a response using them; unfortunately, I received an error message when I posted it saying a "handling error" had occurred. I'm not going through that again. Here is the problem as succinctly and clearly as I can make it.

1. When I first enter Psalm Explorer and begin using the reference box everything is fine; the explorer and linked panels respond.

2. When I click on the "Overview" or "About" feature, these also work. The problem begins when I hit the return arrow after clicking on one of those features. Doing so takes me back to the parallelism panel in explorer but then the reference box stops functioning. I type in a reference for another psalm and click the arrow (or hit my "enter" key) and nothing happens. The explorer and linked panels remain on the psalm I started with. In addition, the "Overview" and "About" features also stop responding. Clicking on them gets no response.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS