How to hide verse tags in a PBB docx

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3187
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 28 2019 3:32 PM

I have a couple of docx files I created for PBB's- I would like to hide the verse work, i.e.

[[22:2 >> logosres: hcsb;ref=Bible.rev22:2]], there are approx. 200 hundred such references. I want to print out the docx and file in a note book, does anyone know if this is possible in Windows, using MS office Pro 

Posts 2408
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2019 4:57 PM

Question: Why?   Is there any other reference to the scripture?  Yes, it messes up the printout but you worked hard to make the scripture reference so maybe leaving them in will be ok.  Yes, there would be questions about what is that but the rev22:2 is clear so they should be able to figure it out.  One problem would be if you accidently saved that file over your PBB.DOCX file. If you ever wanted to rebuild the PBB you would have to add them all back in [All 200 of them].    [[Just asking]]

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2019 4:57 PM

I don't know how you could do that printing from Windows. There may be a way. 

Have you considered using the Print / Export feature in Logos. If you already have the PB's built, you could print them from Logos, or export them to a word document and print from there.

Posts 3187
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2019 6:17 AM

Fred Chapman:

I don't know how you could do that printing from Windows. There may be a way. 

Have you considered using the Print / Export feature in Logos. If you already have the PB's built, you could print them from Logos, or export them to a word document and print from there.

Thanks Fred- after the post yesterday, I was sitting on the couch last night, and it dawned on me to just print the finished resource or export it to Windows from Logos- sometimes the gray matter just fails without help.

Posts 10552
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 1:38 PM

Whyndell Gizzard:
I have a couple of docx files I created for PBB's- I would like to hide the verse work, i.e

Would be difficult with 200 references. But—for the next time—when you create the links, make them as hidden text in Word. They will still function normally in Logos, but if you hide hidden text in Word, you can print the document without the verse references. I created a keyboard shortcut to format as hidden, then just select the reference and make it hidden. You can toggle the ¶ in the Word toolbar to show/hide the references in Word.

Hope this is clear.

Posts 3187
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 4:31 PM

Jack Caviness:

Whyndell Gizzard:
I have a couple of docx files I created for PBB's- I would like to hide the verse work, i.e

Would be difficult with 200 references. But—for the next time—when you create the links, make them as hidden text in Word. They will still function normally in Logos, but if you hide hidden text in Word, you can print the document without the verse references. I created a keyboard shortcut to format as hidden, then just select the reference and make it hidden. You can toggle the ¶ in the Word toolbar to show/hide the references in Word.

Hope this is clear.

Jack

I have tried this a couple times without success- I know I'm doing something wrong, but have not had the time to go back and work with it till I get it.

Thanks for reminding me, I had actually forgotten about this approach.

Posts 10552
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2019 1:53 PM

Whyndell Gizzard:
Thanks for reminding me, I had actually forgotten about this approach.

Rosie suggested this method to me several years ago.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS