How do I get BHS to display the English gloss?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4
Pierson Harris | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 29 2019 11:42 PM

In BHS when I hover over a word it gives me parsing and part of speech but does not give the English gloss as my NA28 would. Is there a way to add this feature? Thank you for the help. 

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 12:03 AM

Welcome to the user forums!

Pierson Harris:

In BHS when I hover over a word it gives me parsing and part of speech but does not give the English gloss as my NA28 would. Is there a way to add this feature? Thank you for the help. 

This feature is hard-coded by resource, i.e. it depends on which specific resource you use for NA and for BHS. My BHS SESB 2.0 will show English glosses EDIT: while my BHS WIVU won't /EDIT.

Which versions of BHS have you available?

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 24447
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 8:39 AM

Pierson Harris:
Is there a way to add this feature?

Use Tools > Information in those cases. It has Definition, Translation and Word Info sections which will display when you click/hover the word. Two of those sections have Settings to control what is displayed.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4
Pierson Harris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 7:23 PM

Yup I use the BHS/WIVU, that figures. Thank you!

Posts 4
Pierson Harris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 7:24 PM

Thank you for the work around I'll do that!

Posts 952
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 3 2019 8:43 PM

Pierson Harris:

Logos 8 includes the Lexham Hebrew Bible, which includes an English gloss and morphological tags. If you hover over a word it will show an English gloss. It does not include the critical apparatus that is in the BHS, but it is otherwise a good Hebrew Bible for day to day study.

The Lexham Hebrew-English Interlinear allows you to turn on various interlinear tags, including an English gloss. Oddly it does not show the English gloss when you hover over the word.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS