PBB reader in L4?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31
J. Wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:39 AM

Just wondering if there was a timeline for being able to read PBB's in Logos 4?  I though it would happen sometime in the 2nd quarter of this year but haven't heard or read anything official stating otherwise yet.

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:55 AM

It has slipped to third quarter of 2010:

http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:02 PM

Could someone explain what "Improved external web linking" is from this list?

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:27 PM

TimEngwer:

Could someone explain what "Improved external web linking" is from this list?

I can only hazard a guess, since they have not yet revealed what the new features will contain.

Currently there are four ways (that I know of) that Logos provides linking to external websites:

1) You can paste a URL into a Note and it will become a clickable link (hold Ctrl key down while clicking and it will open your web browser if it's not already open, and go to that page)

2) You can drag URLs from your browser's address bar into your Favorites or Shortcut Bar.

3) If you search on a topic and there is a page for it at topics.logos.com (e.g., "Book of Revelation" -- a topic that I recently created), if that topic page has any web links in it, you will see them in the TOPIC section at the top of your search results, and you can click on them to go to that web page in your browser.

4) If a resource has a web URL in its text, it is a clickable link and it will take you to that web page in your browser.

So, presumably they have some other things up their sleeves to either enhance the way these features work, or add more web integration elsewhere in the product. I expect they will surprise us with it rather than giving away more details before this is implemented.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS