Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 56 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2019 5:43 AM

Pastor Charles F. Reid, Jr.:
Mine now works!

Great! Smile

Remember, however, that future beta updates to macOS may break Logos again. I have had this happen in previous beta testing. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18
Al Jennings | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2019 6:36 PM

When I attempt to open 8.6.0.52 I get this error message: "Logos" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. 

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2019 7:21 PM

Al Jennings:

When I attempt to open 8.6.0.52 I get this error message: "Logos" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. 

In the current and recent previous versions of macOS, there is a security feature in System Preference which allows users to install only software downloaded from the App Store. Did you check to make sure that was disabled? 

Posts 18
Al Jennings | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2019 11:06 PM

No I did not. I found out that had to right click on logos and then click open. I'm in now. Thank you.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 1:46 AM

Tim Nargi:

Disregarding Catalina, how stable are the Logos betas? Have you ever had any major issues?

Logos betas are way more stable than OS betas. If you're willing to use an OS beta, you should be willing to use a Logos beta.

(My personal experience is that I've been using Logos betas exclusively since Logos 4 launched. In all that time I've only had one show-stopping bug that I couldn't work around - that was a crash on start up that took about five days to fix, but which left me without Logos for my Sunday prep.)

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 7:09 AM

Mark Barnes:
If you're willing to use an OS beta, you should be willing to use a Logos beta.

At this point, what can it hurt? Right? Smile

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 3 2019 5:02 AM

Jeffrey S. Robison:
ran cron scripts.

Forgive my ignorance, (maybe proof I shouldn't be running betas of macOS) but what? Not sure what you mean here or how to do this.

Posts 2
Robert Earl Houston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2019 4:09 PM

Grrr . . . I wish I had seen this before I started Beta Testing . . .

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2019 4:16 PM

Robert Earl Houston:

Grrr . . . I wish I had seen this before I started Beta Testing . . .

Just understand that Mac beta operating systems can wreck anything, and stay clear of them!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9
Tommy Bell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2019 1:26 PM

how did you get the beta?  I am still having the problem and would love to try something to get my logos back working 

Posts 25
Joe Heng | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2019 4:40 PM

You can try this. I was directed to this link. 

This latest stable release was announced at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/182564.aspx - you could try the download links there.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2019 4:52 PM

Joe Heng:
This latest stable release was announced at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/182564.aspx - you could try the download links there.

That is an old link. Use the link at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/184402.aspx

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 45
Joshua Yates | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2019 1:46 PM

So...is Catalina okay to use with Logos yet? No updates for awhile...

15" Macbook Pro Unibody (Early 2016) 2.7 GHZ Quad Core, OSX Mojave, 16 GB LPDDR3 RAM, 512 GB SD

Posts 1572
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2019 2:15 PM

Joshua Yates:

Catalina is still not officially released and won't be until sometime in October. It's still Beta software. I've see on the forums some people have had success with running Logos on it, while others have had issues. If you have issues, there is no official support because FL does not support Logos running on Beta software. I'm waiting until Catalina is official.

Posts 17963
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2019 5:43 PM

Levi Durfey:

Joshua Yates:

Catalina is still not officially released and won't be until sometime in October. It's still Beta software.

Logos wiki Beta Release Notes => Logos 8.8 RC 1 includes bug fixes for macOS 10.15 Catalina (since Logos 8.8 will be the first stable release for stable Catalina release next month)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Richie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2019 11:54 AM

I upgraded to OS 10.15 at it's release time but now Logos won't open????

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2019 12:47 PM

Richie:
I upgraded to OS 10.15 at it's release time but now Logos won't open????

The most likely reason is that you had an old version and not the newest release. Manually download the new engine and install. If that doesn't work, please create a new thread and post logs (see my signature line). 

Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS