Can Open the LEB from Web App but not from Desktop

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1379
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 4 2019 4:12 PM

If I go to the Logos web app I can open the LEB and get the equivalent of an English Text resource that includes the OT & NT, but I don't see that as an option on my desktop app.

On the desktop, I can open other LEB related resources such as the LEB audio resource for just the NT or the Lexham English Septuagint text for the OT, but I don't see an equivalent LEB option on my desktop version of Logos for the English text of the entire Bible.

Is it not available via the desktop Logos app? 

Posts 24701
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2019 8:51 PM

The LEB could be a resource that is included with the web app (and mobile apps). At the moment it is free with Audio NT. You can also get it with the free https://www.logos.com/product/55923/lexham-intro-collection

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 246
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2019 8:41 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

On the desktop, I can open other LEB related resources such as the LEB audio resource for just the NT or the Lexham English Septuagint text for the OT, but I don't see an equivalent LEB option on my desktop version of Logos for the English text of the entire Bible.

Hi Rick,

Please close Logos and then use these instructions to make sure that Logos is fully up to date.  These instructions are usually used to install Logos, but work just fine for getting it up to date as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Posts 1379
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2019 9:47 AM

Dave Hooton:

The LEB could be a resource that is included with the web app (and mobile apps). At the moment it is free with Audio NT. You can also get it with the free https://www.logos.com/product/55923/lexham-intro-collection

Hi, Dave!  Thanks for your response.

I do have both the LEB NT Audio and the Lexham Intro Collection (and both are grayed out for me in the Logos store), but I don't have the LEB English Bible in my library.

If I enter "LEB" in my library, I get the following:

If I enter "Lexham English Bible" in my library, I get the following.

If I enter "Lexham" in my library then select the TYPE "Bible", I get the following.

I don't see a library entry for the English text of the entire Bible.  Since I have the LEB Audio as well as the Lexham Intro Collection, and if both are suppose to come with the LEB English Bible text resource, I'm wondering if I'm just not using the right search string to locate the resource.

Posts 1379
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2019 9:50 AM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

Rick Ausdahl:

Hi Rick,

Please close Logos and then use these instructions to make sure that Logos is fully up to date.  These instructions are usually used to install Logos, but work just fine for getting it up to date as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you, Joe.  I'll take a look at the instructions.

Posts 660
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2019 10:07 AM

Rick, you are correct. You're missing an entry titled "The Lexham English Bible". Look in your hidden resourses to see if it's there.

https://www.logos.com/product/37521/lexham-english-bible

Posts 1379
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2019 3:49 PM

Dale E Heath:

Rick, you are correct. You're missing an entry titled "The Lexham English Bible". Look in your hidden resourses to see if it's there.

https://www.logos.com/product/37521/lexham-english-bible

I'm embarrassed to say it, but BINGO! Embarrassed

I've been using Logos since 2008 and in all that time have not hidden more than a half-dozen resources.  I don't recall ever intending to hide the LEB, but I guess I managed to do it somehow.  Maybe during a training video and I forgot to unhide it???

The possibility of it being hidden never crossed my mind not only because it's not a practice I follow, but also because it was showing up for me on the web app.  I guess hiding a resource in the desktop version of LOGOS doesn't necessarily mean it will be hidden when using the web version of LOGOS.

In any event, thank you Dale for your suggestion!!! Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS