Logos 8.6 Beta 1 (8.6.0.0015)

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2373
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 6 2019 2:09 PM

To immediately update to the current beta enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes     

Mac

Windows

Posts 189
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2019 2:43 PM

Excited to see what happens with the selection menu. Looks good so far.

Also the whole app seems much more responsive on Windows for me!! Big difference. Anyone else?

One thing that would be nice if Ctrl/Cmd-L also made the 'Find resources' bar active with the cursor in it, so we can just start typing search.

Yes

Posts 2373
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2019 3:14 PM

Kevin:

One thing that would be nice if Ctrl/Cmd-L also made the 'Find resources' bar active with the cursor in it, so we can just start typing search.

It should, if you are in another tab and hit CTRL+L it should go to the open Libray panel and have the cursor in Find Resources. Can you let me know in what way that is not working for you?

Posts 189
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2019 3:22 PM

It just does not put the cursor in the bar for me for the first launch of the Library panel.

If I have already launched the panel, and have manually clicked into the Find Resources bar, then the cursor will still be there with the new functionality when Ctrl+L switches back to it.

It never did before this release either, so not actually anything to do with this particular beta, I was just hoping if they are in that code it might be an easy fix Smile

Posts 13126
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2019 3:28 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
It should, if you are in another tab and hit CTRL+L it should go to the open Libray panel and have the cursor in Find Resources. Can you let me know in what way that is not working for you?

I just tested it and it's not working for me, either, on Windows. The library opens, but the cursor isn't in the box.

Posts 2373
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2019 4:13 PM

Kevin:

I've created a case for this bug.

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2019 4:22 PM

"CTRL/CMD+L will now bring focus to an instance of My Library already open. The application will open a new instance in a floating window if My Library is already in focus or not open."

I'm so glad to see this issue has been fixed. That has been a big annoyance to me since the introduction of multiple instances of the Library.

Posts 10420
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2019 4:44 PM

BUMMER: Command-L now opens the Library panel in a docked pane. Bring back the floating window. A giant step backward. No

Posts 2373
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2019 5:04 PM

Jack Caviness:

BUMMER: Command-L now opens the Library panel in a docked pane. Bring back the floating window. A giant step backward. No

Jack,

It should open in a floating window, it only brings a docked instance into focus if it is already docked. Can you provide steps for when it is opening in a docked window for you?

Posts 10420
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2019 5:34 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
Can you provide steps for when it is opening in a docked window for you

Simple: With an empty layout, type Cmd-L, and the Library opens in a docked pane. Same thing if I type Cmd-L from a layout.

I almost never leave the Library open when I am not accessing it, and I have no desire to have it open docked at any time.

BTW—Mac OS 10.14.5

Posts 4553
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2019 2:08 AM

Philana R. Crouch:
It should open in a floating window, it only brings a docked instance into focus if it is already docked. Can you provide steps for when it is opening in a docked window for you?

Cmd L opens in a docked panel for me even it the layout is fully populated.

I too only ever want the Library panel momentarily and would prefer it to open in a floating window by default.

MacOS 10.14.5

Logos latest Beta

Posts 13126
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2019 2:21 AM

Mike Binks:
Cmd L opens in a docked panel for me even it the layout is fully populated.

Must be a Mac-only bug. It opens in a floating window in Windows.

Posts 1777
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2019 8:30 AM

Mark Barnes:
Must be a Mac-only bug. It opens in a floating window in Windows.

FWIW, I'm also on macOS 10.14.5 and it's working correctly for me.

Posts 3
Nathan Cameron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2019 2:12 PM

Can anyone confirm if this beta will run on OS X Catalina 10.15 beta? The public release does not and the iOS apps crash when adding a new tab. 

I’m in a bit of a pickle as I beta test Apple software for my job but also need Logos working. If this beta won’t I’ll hold off but the quicker I can get on Catalina the better overall. 

If anyone knows let me know!

Posts 10420
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2019 2:27 PM

This has been addressed in this thread Catalina (Mac OS 10.15) as of June 4, 2019 Follow that thread for future information

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2019 2:36 PM

Jack Caviness:

One datapoint more: Ctrl-L opens the library in a floating window for me - or gives focus to that floating window, should it be open - which is exactly the way I wish Logos was behaving (using a two-monitor setup under Windows 10), whereas hitting the button seemingly designed to do that, does nothing.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2942
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2019 11:11 AM

Has the default right click menu been sped up at some point in the last while?

Posts 189
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2019 1:14 PM

Thanks Philana Yes

Posts 2373
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2019 11:57 AM

Nathan Cameron:

Can anyone confirm if this beta will run on OS X Catalina 10.15 beta? The public release does not and the iOS apps crash when adding a new tab. 

I’m in a bit of a pickle as I beta test Apple software for my job but also need Logos working. If this beta won’t I’ll hold off but the quicker I can get on Catalina the better overall. 

If anyone knows let me know!

Nathan,

We won't start supporting 10.15.0 until it ships to users in the Fall, we never support beta versions of OS.

Posts 17794
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2019 12:21 PM

Nathan Cameron:

Does Web App => https://app.logos.com work on Catalina ? (unsupported by Faithlife, but might be viable while waiting for application update and stable Catalina release)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS