Logos 8.6 Beta 1 (8.6.0.0015)

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Nathan Cameron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2019 2:28 PM

Thanks for the info Philana!

Please don't hear me wrong here. I often get in these kinds of discussions with companies (I'm a Bible Professor and I manage 200 iPads at a private school on the side lol). In my opinion it is a spectacular practice to ensure zero day compatibility with upcoming software releases. This is only accomplished by the company dedicating testing devices to the beta versions of that upcoming software. I'm assuming you do this of course and want to be clear that I'm not saying I consider lack of compatibility at this point to be a bug of any sort. I'm just hoping that, at some point, the necessary changes for Catalina make their way into the beta version of Logos so "in use" bugs can get squashed based on user feedback prior to public release.

I'm leaving to do some Logos training for some students in the Philippines in 8 days! I'm just going to stay away from Catalina so I can do it effectively.

Posts 24572
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2019 5:02 PM

Nathan Cameron:
I'm just hoping that, at some point, the necessary changes for Catalina make their way into the beta version of Logos so "in use" bugs can get squashed based on user feedback prior to public release.

User feedback from a beta is potentially useful, so it is not discouraged. Faithlife will make changes when the impact for Logos can be properly assessed, but the release version may also introduce something that affects Logos. So the only guarantee is that Logos 8 will support the new version (Logos 7 and earlier are not supported). Changes may be introduced via a Service Release, which can occur earlier than changes made in the beta cycle.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 88
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 11 2019 6:20 PM

Keyboard shortcuts not working with text selection menu. I had a shortcut when selecting text for a Red Marker with the Key R and it is now not working.  Also the shortcut for copy text is not working Control C.  I like the text selection menu but I would like both options available.  Not all colors are available without opening up the highlight marker from the text selection menu which takes longer.  I like the concept but would still like to keep shortcut keys available.   

Posts 9870
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 11 2019 11:31 PM

John Brumett:
Keyboard shortcuts not working with text selection menu.
This is being worked on: e.g. https://community.logos.com/forums/p/181938/1052510.aspx#1052510 for the highlights

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2433
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 3:14 PM

Jack Caviness:

Philana R. Crouch:
Can you provide steps for when it is opening in a docked window for you

Simple: With an empty layout, type Cmd-L, and the Library opens in a docked pane. Same thing if I type Cmd-L from a layout.

I almost never leave the Library open when I am not accessing it, and I have no desire to have it open docked at any time.

BTW—Mac OS 10.14.5

This bug has been fixed in 8.6 Beta 3.

Posts 10454
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 7:53 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Thank you—Confirmed fixed—Thank you.

Posts 2433
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 4:57 PM

Jack Caviness:

Philana R. Crouch:

Thank you—Confirmed fixed—Thank you.

Thanks for confirming Jack, this one was tricky because only one person on the team could actually reproduce it.

Posts 10454
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 11:55 AM

Philana R. Crouch:
Thanks for confirming Jack, this one was tricky because only one person on the team could actually reproduce it.

I recommend him/her for a promotion and a pay raise Cool

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS