Sermon Editor to Power Point question...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 388
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 7 2019 10:23 AM

So my usual process is to create my sermon slides in Logos and then export them in editable format to Power Point. I always make sure that whatever font is used on the Logos slides is installed on my computer before I open Power Point.

However, every time I open the exported and editable presentation in Power Point for the first time, I still have to go through all the slides and change the font to the Logos original. For example, the slides I am using this weekend use the fonts Poly, Lato and Open Sans. Power Point will just open the presentation and automatically assign Arial to it, and then I have to go through the presentation and change all the slides to the correct font.

Is there a way to get around this to save some time?

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2019 12:43 PM

I don't think there is. I am not techie enough to understand what happens under the hood, but I suspect it has something to do with the way logos converts the image files (slides) in order to edit them in PowerPoint.

I have used Proclaim for a little more than a year now, but if I recall correctly I used to experience the same thing.

Posts 485
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2019 12:50 PM

Jordan Litchfield:

So my usual process is to create my sermon slides in Logos and then export them in editable format to Power Point. I always make sure that whatever font is used on the Logos slides is installed on my computer before I open Power Point.

However, every time I open the exported and editable presentation in Power Point for the first time, I still have to go through all the slides and change the font to the Logos original. For example, the slides I am using this weekend use the fonts Poly, Lato and Open Sans. Power Point will just open the presentation and automatically assign Arial to it, and then I have to go through the presentation and change all the slides to the correct font.

Is there a way to get around this to save some time?

Change the font on the topmost slide in the Slide Master view to the most used Logos font. That would change all the text in all slides. That would reduce the workload a little. (If that doesn't work immediately, you might need to select all slides and then click on 'Reset' to remove any font associations which override the default font style.)

Posts 388
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2019 1:05 AM

John Duffy:
Change the font on the topmost slide in the Slide Master view to the most used Logos font. That would change all the text in all slides. That would reduce the workload a little.

Thanks. That does help some.

Posts 388
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2019 1:05 AM

John Duffy:
Change the font on the topmost slide in the Slide Master view to the most used Logos font. That would change all the text in all slides. That would reduce the workload a little.

Thanks. That does help some.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS