Citation Styles

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 7 2019 1:37 PM

We're looking into updating some of our citation styles to make sure we have the latest editions, and I want to make sure we prioritize the right ones. I'm curious to know what you use, particularly (but not exclusively) if you're associated with a biblical higher-ed training institution.

Could you provide the following information?

• School
  • Style guide(s) and edition(s)
  • What you use today
Posts 639
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2019 12:48 PM

I am studying with TNARS (The North American Reformed Seminary), and all class work papers are to use MLA 8th edition.  Before this, I have used Turabian for my classwork at a different school.

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2019 1:47 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
I'm curious to know what you use, particularly (but not exclusively) if you're associated with a biblical higher-ed training institution.

Wayland Baptist University School of Theology uses Turabian 8th with a fallback/kickout clause that for the rest of the university, everything that isn't specifically stated otherwise should be APA.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 3240
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2019 6:53 PM

I have a friend who just started using Logos and his university is making him use

"Kate L. Turabian, 9th Edition, Chicago Manual of Style, 'author-date-info' citing book bibliography format"

Posts 40
Bmickey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 10:17 AM

Harding School of Theology

Turabian 8th plus their own supplement.

Posts 2408
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 10:52 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Could you provide the following information?

• School
  • Style guide(s) and edition(s)
  • What you use today

and please add if your school accepts the citation as printed by Logos.  [[Some may be using a modification of the citation in Logos]]. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS