Bug: No "Open" on context menu for Preaching Themes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13347
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 16 2019 12:11 AM

This bug has probably been about forever, but it's hopefully only a minor fix. When a Preaching Theme is selected in the context menu, it ought to be possible to open the Factbook to that theme, or to run a Sermon Starter Guide or Topic Guide. Currently, that's not possible.

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2019 12:54 PM

Mark,

What resource and what location is this ocurring at? I'm not able to reproduce this. When I open a Bible and select a Preaching Theme (not label) from the context menu I have the option to run a sermon starter guide or open the Factbook.

Posts 13347
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2019 2:53 PM

This happened when I right-clicked on a Bible reference. You can reproduce it by right-clicking on the reference to Malachi 3:8-9 here.

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

This isn't actually a Preaching Theme reference, it's a label (named "Preaching Themes") with a "Theme" property that is a Preaching Theme reference. Labels don't currently have a Factbook menu option.

The context menu for a Preaching Theme reference (e.g., at https://ref.ly/logosres/lexham-st-ontology?ref=LSTO.UsesOfTheLaw&off=458, the word "theft") will have a Factbook menu item.

I can see how the current tagging is confusing. I think maybe this could be solved by removing the labels from Dictionary of Bible Themes and replacing them with Preaching Theme reference milestones. 

Posts 13347
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 4:51 PM

Thanks, Bradley.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS