Logos 8 Messianic Jewish Base Packages - Now Available!

Page 2 of 4 (78 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 77 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 143
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 1:40 AM

Are the packages going to be integrated into the books comparison tool?

Thanks.

Posts 2219
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 2:21 AM

David Wanat:
certain 19th century Protestant authors

I consider this simply part of the packaging. Messianics, in general, are no different than other believers save for our emphasis on incorporating a more welcoming place where Jews and Gentiles can worship together. It's more distinctly Jewish. There's definitely some lone rangers around, but I think they don't represent Messianic Judaism but the Hebrew Roots folks.

If you have two Jews, there must be three synagogues. One prefers one, the second prefers another, and both won't go near the third one.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1627
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 2:38 AM

Thanks again for investigating these, Mark.

Have bought into one of the cheaper ones.

Posts 277
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 7:50 AM

David Paul:

The term "Messianic Jews" is a sort of grab-bag moniker for Jews who accept Yeishuua` as both Son and Messiah. But there are vagaries of belief among those who have that single fact in common. Some become almost entirely Gentilized, forsaking Jewish holidays for "historically Christian" ones, like Easter and Christmas. Some reject Easter and Christmas as pagan interlopers into true Biblical worship. Some throw it all into one pot and stir. There are other issues as well that provoke and receive varying understandings and practices. For instance, some basically practice rabbinic Judaism unchanged except for acceptance of Yeishuua`; others reject virtually everything rabbinic as effectively, if not inherently, unbiblical.

Generally speaking, MJs are not a unified collective, and some will be more interested in historical Christianity (of whatever stripe) than others.

A fairly common mistake for more traditional Christians is to assume that "Messianic" is solely a collective term for Jews Who Accept Jesus. There are Messianics who are not Jews but who have a pro-Tohraah perspective and don't believe Yeishuua` "kept the law so we don't have to" (what I call "Easy Off" religion).

Thanks for the explanation. I decided to begin with the Starter set as I prefer to get accounts from those involved in a denomination or movement rather than rely on third party accounts that are usually from outside.

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 1930
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 11:04 AM

Great to have these packages available.

Posts 3112
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 11:07 AM

Mark Barnes:

Joseph Turner:
How do you figure this Mark?  When I look at the percentages quoted, I save 74% off Starter and Bronze, 78% off Silver, 81% off Gold, 85% off Platinum, and then 78% off Diamond.  Would it not be best for me to buy Platinum and then Diamond?  Please keep in mind that I teach English and not math!

The discount that matters is not your dynamic pricing discount, but the cost of the base package compared to the cost of buying all the resources individually. Usually that figure is around 90%. For example, Gold has $11,199.30 for $950, a discount rate of 91.52%. 

The discount rates for each Messianic Jewish package is as follows:

• Starter is 97.13%
  • Bronze is 95.46%
  • Silver is 92.83%.
  • Gold is 91.52%.
  • Platinum is 91.26%
  • Diamond is 91.15%

You should always buy packages in order of this discount level.

Thanks! This worked out great and saved me around $5 by going starter then bronze instead of straight to bronze

Posts 647
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 11:51 AM

mab:
There's definitely some lone rangers around, but I think they don't represent Messianic Judaism but the Hebrew Roots folks.

What are the main differences between Messianic Judaism and Hebrew Roots? Hebrew Roots has just recently come to my attention since my friend has a cousin that is all into it and she was asking me about it. I am completely ignorant of the phenomenon.

Posts 3164
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 12:57 PM

Kiyah:

mab:
There's definitely some lone rangers around, but I think they don't represent Messianic Judaism but the Hebrew Roots folks.

What are the main differences between Messianic Judaism and Hebrew Roots? Hebrew Roots has just recently come to my attention since my friend has a cousin that is all into it and she was asking me about it. I am completely ignorant of the phenomenon.

There are some older forum threads that discuss this, which you can find by googling for "hebrew roots" site:community.logos.com

Posts 2243
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 1:56 PM

mab:
If you have two Jews, there must be three synagogues. One prefers one, the second prefers another, and both won't go near the third one.

@Faithlife: Can we get three lines of Messianic Base Packages please? Stick out tongue (Be aware, none will buy any of the third line. It just needs to be there.)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 2:29 PM

Kiyah:

Hebrew Roots was originally non-Jews who took a pro-Tohraah perspective to the Bible and religious practice. Generally, these were folks who weren't attracted to Judaism, particularly rabbinism, but who tried to live as Yeishuua` lived (i.e. doing what the Father says), having a perspective aligned with 1 Jn. 3:7 NASB...righteousness is practiced; not imputed...an idea John calls "deception". Unfortunately, the internet giveth and the internet taketh away. As more and more people became attracted to this perspective, along came some Sunday-church cast-offs, the kinds of people who have always been know-it-alls. After watching 15 minutes of YouTube videos, they were experts in Hebrew, cranking out unending foolishness about how His name can't be Jesus because the letter J is only 500 years old and was invented by Constantine and the pope, and creating memes about "the deceptive Yiddish Masoretic vowel points". [The Masoretes were separated from the Yiddish by 500 years and a continent.]

Old school Hebrew Roots folks want nothing to do with such garbage, but as the current political climate shows, trash always gets more adherents than truth does. Lew White, who wrote Fossilized Customs, is one of the ring-leaders of the current clown show. Knowing only enough Hebrew to get himself and thousands of others into deep trouble, he popularized the Yahuah and Yahusha spellings and pronunciations of names of YHWH & Yeishuua` (Jesus). Based on no evidence whatsoever, he insists that the sixth Hebrew letter (waaw, or vav in MH), is only ever a long-U sound, so he calls it uau (no idea how you would pronounce that). He used to (and may still) run a "head shop" called Electric Ladyland, selling drug paraphernalia, along with icons and accouterments of every non-biblical worldview imaginable (Wiccanism, Hinduism, Druidism, Egyptology, etc.). There was a video on YouTube that did a video tour of his shop and then showed him behind the counter answering questions and taking phone calls. Makes one wonder what's going through his head when he makes videos about the perils of paganism. In the last few years, the sensationalists like Lew White have had a tremendous negative impact on the Hebrew Roots movement. 

Posts 2219
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 3:18 PM

Jan Krohn:
Be aware, none will buy any of the third line. It just needs to be there.

Big SmileYesYesYes Maybe it will be called the Scribes Pharisees Hypocrites edition

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 277
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 3:54 PM

mab:

Jan Krohn:
Be aware, none will buy any of the third line. It just needs to be there.

Big SmileYesYesYes Maybe it will be called the Scribes Pharisees Hypocrites edition

but everybody recommends it for people they know? 😜😉

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 6222
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 4:27 PM

Joseph Turner:

Mine turned out as follows:

Starter          8.87    Purchased

Bronze        33.42       19.93    Purchased   

Silver          87.21        66.50        36.24     Purchased

Gold         172.75       148.51      113.30         71.40   Purchased

Platinum   218.57       193.19      156.39       112.70       38.53     Purchased

Diamond   615.99       590.46      553.50      509.70      435.51       397.08

So basically, my original price for Platinum was 218.57, and I paid 174.97 by working up to it.  I have not purchased Diamond, but my price would go from 615.99 to 572.05.

Thanks Mark!

Discounts worked! I got Starter for $6 and change and it brought down Bronze from $22 and change to $12 and change. Which means I got Bronze for $18 and change instead of $22 and change.  So I saved $4 bucks compared to just buying Bronze straight up the first time for $22.  I might go for Silver now that it came down to $54 instead of almost $80 bucks. But these new BP’s are great; especially since I’m slowly researching MJ’s (Messianic Jews) Thank you FL 👍 (Hint: I’m still hopeful for a restoration movement base package).

DAL

Posts 647
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 9:17 PM

David Paul:

As more and more people became attracted to this perspective, along came some Sunday-church cast-offs, the kinds of people who have always been know-it-alls. After watching 15 minutes of YouTube videos, they were experts in Hebrew, cranking out unending foolishness about how His name can't be Jesus because the letter J is only 500 years old and was invented by Constantine and the pope, and creating memes about "the deceptive Yiddish Masoretic vowel points". [The Masoretes were separated from the Yiddish by 500 years and a continent.]

Old school Hebrew Roots folks want nothing to do with such garbage, but as the current political climate shows, trash always gets more adherents than truth does. Lew White, who wrote Fossilized Customs, is one of the ring-leaders of the current clown show.

Tell us how you really feel David, I feel like you're holding back. lol Wink

Posts 3648
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 3:40 AM

DAL:
these new BP’s are great

Great value for the buck indeed. The Jewish curriculum for children on the Jewish Scriptures festivals is a cool resource, for instance.

Posts 6222
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 3:42 AM

Francis:

DAL:
these new BP’s are great

Great value for the buck indeed. I love the Jewish curriculum for children on the Jewish Scriptures festivals.

Yep! Just went for MJ Silver BP 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 1205
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 6:51 AM

David Paul:

Kiyah:

Hebrew Roots was originally non-Jews who took a pro-Tohraah perspective to the Bible and religious practice. Generally, these were folks who weren't attracted to Judaism, particularly rabbinism, but who tried to live as Yeishuua` lived (i.e. doing what the Father says), having a perspective aligned with 1 Jn. 3:7 NASB...righteousness is practiced; not imputed...an idea John calls "deception". Unfortunately, the internet giveth and the internet taketh away. As more and more people became attracted to this perspective, along came some Sunday-church cast-offs, the kinds of people who have always been know-it-alls. After watching 15 minutes of YouTube videos, they were experts in Hebrew, cranking out unending foolishness about how His name can't be Jesus because the letter J is only 500 years old and was invented by Constantine and the pope, and creating memes about "the deceptive Yiddish Masoretic vowel points". [The Masoretes were separated from the Yiddish by 500 years and a continent.]

Old school Hebrew Roots folks want nothing to do with such garbage, but as the current political climate shows, trash always gets more adherents than truth does. Lew White, who wrote Fossilized Customs, is one of the ring-leaders of the current clown show. Knowing only enough Hebrew to get himself and thousands of others into deep trouble, he popularized the Yahuah and Yahusha spellings and pronunciations of names of YHWH & Yeishuua` (Jesus). Based on no evidence whatsoever, he insists that the sixth Hebrew letter (waaw, or vav in MH), is only ever a long-U sound, so he calls it uau (no idea how you would pronounce that). He used to (and may still) run a "head shop" called Electric Ladyland, selling drug paraphernalia, along with icons and accouterments of every non-biblical worldview imaginable (Wiccanism, Hinduism, Druidism, Egyptology, etc.). There was a video on YouTube that did a video tour of his shop and then showed him behind the counter answering questions and taking phone calls. Makes one wonder what's going through his head when he makes videos about the perils of paganism. In the last few years, the sensationalists like Lew White have had a tremendous negative impact on the Hebrew Roots movement. 

This is actually helpful as I know a single mother who has been expressing some of these strange ideas (Brides of YWHY?) The name Jesus is pagan (?) Bunch of other strange ideas......

Posts 3007
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 12:44 PM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):
We're excited to announce the launch of the Logos 8 Messianic Jewish base packages, filled with resources to help your Bible study from a Messianic Jewish perspective.

Daniel, I'm hoping you're also excited to announce the launch of the Messianic Jewish Products forum, ASAP.

Posts 2219
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 12:55 PM

SineNomine:
launch of the Messianic Jewish Products forum, ASAP

YesGeeked

Posts 131
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 1:36 PM

SineNomine:

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):
We're excited to announce the launch of the Logos 8 Messianic Jewish base packages, filled with resources to help your Bible study from a Messianic Jewish perspective.

Daniel, I'm hoping you're also excited to announce the launch of the Messianic Jewish Products forum, ASAP.

I am indeed excited to announce the launch of the Messianic Jewish Products forum. Enjoy!

https://community.logos.com/forums/151.aspx

Product Manager, Faithlife

Page 2 of 4 (78 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS