Best tablet for Logos / Verbum

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 117
Richard Kingston | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 22 2019 9:08 AM

Any thoughts on what is the best tablet for using Logos / Verbum. I have an older iPad 9.7 inch at the moment. Verbum often crashes. I have an Android phone. So my question is, for a table type device, what best, what are some of the headaches:

Android tablet

iPad

Surface Go

Greatly appreciate your thoughts. 

Richard. 

Posts 337
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2019 10:42 AM

Surface Go (Windows) is the only tablet that you could run a full desktop version of Logos/Verbum on it.

Posts 346
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2019 11:18 AM

I have a 128gb Mini 4. Things rarely go wrong with it

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. || Gold: Eastern Rite, Orthodox. || Bronze: Ordinariate. Lutheran. || Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 3267
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2019 1:55 PM

Richard Kingston:
I have an older iPad 9.7 inch at the moment. Verbum often crashes.

I've not had Logos crash on an iPad. What iOS version? Verbum version?

Have you used the Report a bug feature to send the iPad's crash logs to Faithlife? Might be worth determining why it's crashing, and if there's a fix for what you're experiencing.

Posts 821
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2019 2:30 PM

If you want the same OS as your Android phone, you may want to consider the latest Samsung tablet, the S4.

I have an iPad Pro and iPad mini, and both function flawlessly.

The Surface Go runs the full desktop version of Logos, but I'd only consider the one with 8GB of RAM and the faster 128GB SSD. It won't be as fast and fluid as the iPads, though.

Posts 117
Richard Kingston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2019 3:51 PM

Latest version of both the iOS and Verbum. Verbum open, tap change resource, select KJV, RSVCE, and crash. Have not tested further. But agreed generally it is as solid as a rock. 

Posts 117
Richard Kingston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2019 3:54 PM

Yes, that is what I am thinking also. But I was hoping to get the greater features of the Windows desktop version on a 10 inch-ish tablet, rather than my 14 inch radiant heat source tablet. My kids are constantly doing their homework on the desktop PC. Darn, thety need to be less diligent with homework!

Posts 298
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2019 4:11 PM

Hi

I have a 

Samsung Galaxy TAB S2 8.0 T710 with a 128 sd card 

I use this every day with the logos Android app

The Android app is getting better over time. Just wish the book resources would go onto 

the sd card, 

This tablet is amazing with the logos Android app

Mick
Posts 1965
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2019 6:15 PM

Andrew Biddinger:

Surface Go (Windows) is the only tablet that you could run a full desktop version of Logos/Verbum on it.

While it is a bit bigger, the Lenovo X1 Tablet is what I use and it runs Logos full version beautifully. 

Posts 17
LogosEmployee
Martin Denham (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 12:03 PM

If you are on a budget a Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" runs Logos well 8 cores 1.9Ghz.  You can pick one up fairly cheaply on e-bay.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS