Microsoft update now Logos will not load up

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 55 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 25038
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 16 2010 4:37 PM

NeilStGeorge:
So does this mean I just stick with the Beta version now or do i need to update it at some point or will that all happen automatically.

Go to the PC Beta Forum  (link at bottom of Logos4 Forum page) and read the top threads. You will get instructions on how to update to the next beta and when it eventually is released as 4.0d.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 17
Neil St George | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 2:37 PM

4786.Logos4Crash.txt

1323.logos4setup(2).log

Oh dear seems as if my problem has returned, Logos 4 (beta) was working fine yesterday, yet today when i tried to open it i get the stoped working error again. Opening it using ctrl and selecting blank  layout enabled it to open, how ever when i loaded my basic layout window design it stopped working again. See attached logs. If you could investigate and advise please as this is meant to be a work around to the standard version of Logos. 7288.Logos4.log

Posts 17
Neil St George | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 2:40 PM

this is the logfile for the crash when trying to start it normally.2318.Logos4Crash.txt

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 2:50 PM

NeilStGeorge:
Oh dear seems as if my problem has returned, Logos 4 (beta)
Since you chose to use the beta version, it would be most helpful if you posted your reports in the beta forum.

Thanks

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 2:52 PM

NeilStGeorge:
Oh dear seems as if my problem has returned, Logos 4 (beta) was working fine yesterday, yet today when i tried to open it i get the stoped working error again. Opening it using ctrl and selecting blank  layout enabled it to open, how ever when i loaded my basic layout window design it stopped working again. See attached logs. If you could investigate and advise please as this is meant to be a work around to the standard version of Logos.

If you delete that layout and recreate it, does it make any difference?  Is the NIV included in the layout?

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 2:58 PM

NeilStGeorge:
this is the logfile for the crash when trying to start it normally.

I'll submit this log to development. Thanks.

Edit:  Neil -- the developers are needing a full log. Can you enable logging, start Logos up normally (not to blank layout) and attach the Logos4.log file?  You'll find instructions here: http://www.logos.com/L4/Support/DiagnosticLogging.

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 6:58 PM

Joe Miller:
Since you chose to use the beta version, it would be most helpful if you posted your reports in the beta forum.

Its OK Joe - relax Smile

This thread has been ongoing for a while now, and a few posts back, Development and Melissa asked Neil to install the Beta. If its ongoing, someone might move this whole thing into Beta, but the initial fault being addressed was with the released version.

Posts 17
Neil St George | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 8:31 PM

7658.Logos4Crash.txt

2055.Logos4.log

Hi Melissa, see files attached. I've also noticed if i open with blank layout and then go to the home screen it crashes then as well.

I note a comment was made this should be loaded under the Beta forum. let me know if you want stuff loaded there rather than this thread, as was pointed out though the original fault is with the production Logos not Beta.

Thanks for your help

Posts 17
Neil St George | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 11:06 PM

7701.Logos4Crash.txt

Things seem to be deteriorating, I'm not able to open Logos Beta at all now. Even holding down ctrl and selecting blank layout it crashes. see logs attached.66434.Logos4.log

Posts 25038
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 12:35 AM

Neil

Run a hard disk check to see if there are any errors. But I recommend to uninstall L4 from Control Panel. Save your L4 Resource folder (very important!) and delete the Logos4 folder. Then re-install using Method 3 at Quick Installation onto multiple computers  (don't worry about installing the beta!).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 18710
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 1:59 AM

Dave Hooton:

Neil

Run a hard disk check to see if there are any errors. But I recommend to uninstall L4 from Control Panel. Save your L4 Resource folder (very important!) and delete the Logos4 folder. Then re-install using Method 3 at Quick Installation onto multiple computers  (don't worry about installing the beta!).

Neil, you said things seem to be deteriorating. If you have any reason to suspect your hard disk might be getting close to failing (other software having odd behavior, everything seeming to slow down or occasional recoverable boot failures / CHKDSK running automatically on startup, etc.), I'd recommend you back up your hard disk now, in case things get worse. I've just gone through another hard disk failure (second in 12 months) and it's a pain in the neck if you don't have a recent backup. Hard disks do fail. I seem to be particularly hard on them. Not all crashes are signs that your hard disk is about to fail; certainly that usually isn't the case. But if all the attempts to fix what's going on in Logos get you nowhere, and you start seeing some of these other symptoms and other programs being affected, that's what I'd begin to suspect.

Posts 641
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 8:51 AM

It appears that the Windows update, SP-2 for .NET 3.5 causes Logos 4 to crash on the latest Windows XP platform, or at least may cause it to crash.

Solution: Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, (or however you get to Add/Remove) check the box "show updates" and see if you can find KB976769v2  (.NET 3.5 SP-2 update) then uninstall it.

If Windows Update then says it wants to install it, decline.

This got L4 to run for me as of 6/14/10. The .NET update came out around 6/8 or 6/9 so this info could be obsolete at this point. It probably does not apply to Vista or WIndows 7 either.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 17
Neil St George | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 5:42 AM

Thanks Dave, have run a disk check and all is okay there, I've had a hard drive fail before so regularly backup to external drive.

I have uninstalled the Beta version saved my resource folder and reloaded L4. On initial running all seems to be okay. I can open NIV Bible and homepage without crashes which was the original fault so it would appear they have been resolved.

I'll let you know if i develop any further problems.

Thanks all for your advice & help.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:37 AM

NeilStGeorge:

7701.Logos4Crash.txt

Things seem to be deteriorating, I'm not able to open Logos Beta at all now. Even holding down ctrl and selecting blank layout it crashes. see logs attached.66434.Logos4.log

I've got both logs, thanks. Let me know if you try any of the suggestions here and are able to get back in to the program.

Posts 17
Neil St George | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 12:44 PM

Melissa, see my response to Dave Hooton i uninstalled Beta version and did a complete reinstall of the production version and it seems to be going okay now.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 1:25 PM

NeilStGeorge:

Melissa, see my response to Dave Hooton i uninstalled Beta version and did a complete reinstall of the production version and it seems to be going okay now.

Thanks--I must not have refreshed the page before replying.

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS