Inserting texts into a Word Document.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 214
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 14 2019 11:06 AM

Can anybody give me advice on the best way of completing the following task.

I have a Microsoft Document (Office 365 - Windows version). This document needs to have 32 texts inserted into it. Is there anyway that I can copy a verse and paste it into MS Word so that it shows not only the verse itself but the Bible reference also? There are 3 options for pasting into Word, the first two do not include the reference and the last one includes not only the reference but Publisher details as well. I 

I suppose I’m being a bit lazy but I would have thought there must be a way to do this. It used to be a doddle when Smart Tags were around but sadly they have been discontinued.

Tony.

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2019 11:40 AM

Anthony Dowden:

Can anybody give me advice on the best way of completing the following task.

I have a Microsoft Document (Office 365 - Windows version). This document needs to have 32 texts inserted into it. Is there anyway that I can copy a verse and paste it into MS Word so that it shows not only the verse itself but the Bible reference also? There are 3 options for pasting into Word, the first two do not include the reference and the last one includes not only the reference but Publisher details as well. I 

I suppose I’m being a bit lazy but I would have thought there must be a way to do this. It used to be a doddle when Smart Tags were around but sadly they have been discontinued.

Tony.

I would use the Copy Bible Verses tool. It offer a number of pre-formatted styles to choose from. It also offers the ability to create custom styles. 

Here is a link to the Wiki article

The illustration in article look a little different than what you see in L8, but the tool itself has not really changed much since L6. To access the CBV tool in L8 you can use the Tools tab

Posts 214
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2019 2:23 PM

Fred, thank you so much. Don’t know how I overlooked that tool! Works like a dream, I even managed to create my own style so that it is laid out perfectly for my needs.

Tony.

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2019 4:04 PM

Glad to hear it works well for you.

Posts 24701
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 3:14 PM

Anthony Dowden:
It used to be a doddle when Smart Tags were around but sadly they have been discontinued.

This is incorrect. Check this wiki article.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 214
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 11:59 PM

David Hooton. I’d tried that and couldn’t make much sense of it until I read item 6......

Smart Tags are deprecated by Microsoft, and may not work on versions of Office newer than 2016.

I‘m on latest version Office 365.

Posts 214
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 12:02 AM

David Hooton. Item 6 on Wiki article says......

Smart Tags are deprecated by Microsoft, and may not work on versions of Office newer than 2016.

They are certainly not in Office 365!

Posts 24701
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 12:54 AM

Anthony Dowden:

They are certainly not in Office 365!

I have a fully updated Office 365 and Logos Smart Tag works in MS Word with Logos v8.7 (beta) and v8.6 (current).

What have you tried, and what didn't you understand in the wiki?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 214
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 3:46 AM

Hi again JT.

i didn’t get very far as I stopped as soon as I saw that note about the tags being deprecated.

I will have a try this afternoon and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks for your help JT.

Posts 214
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 5:24 AM

Hi JT.

I have followed the first set of instructions. I downloaded the file and copied it to the correct directory and found that I already had a copy of the file. Just to be sure I replaced it with the downloaded one.

Then I opened Powershell and typed in the command as instructed and I got the following error message in Powershell....

.\RegisterSmartTags.ps1 : The term '.\RegisterSmartTags.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,
script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is
correct and try again.
At line:1 char:2
+ .\RegisterSmartTags.ps1 -Office64Bit

Just to show that I was in the correct directory this is what was showing in Powershell....

PS C:\Users\tonyd\AppData\Local\Logos\System>  .\RegisterSmartTags.ps1 -Office64Bit

Can you please point me to where I am going wrong?

Many thanks.

Posts 24701
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 11:53 AM

Anthony Dowden:

Then I opened Powershell and typed in the command as instructed and I got the following error message in Powershell....

.\RegisterSmartTags.ps1 : The term '.\RegisterSmartTags.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,

The command was not recognised. It should work if RegisterSmartTags.ps1 is in the folder.

Anthony Dowden:
I downloaded the file and copied it to the correct directory and found that I already had a copy of the file. Just to be sure I replaced it with the downloaded one.

Did you download the RegisterSmartTags.ps1 script from http://downloads.logoscdn.com/LBS6/Support/RegisterSmartTags.ps1.? Or did you download the 64-bit Office Smart Tag, which should already be in the \System folder. The ps1 file should be in your Downloads folder, as per the wiki, and you should point Powershell to this directory  e.g. PS C:\Users\tonyd\Downloads.

Are you sure you have 64 bit Office, as the default is 32-bit Office 365?

Try the steps in Using Logos Smart Tags first.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 214
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 30 2019 9:57 AM

Hi Dave,

Sorry I have not got back to you sooner. I've been a bit busy with a sick wife keeping me on my toes and have not had much time to muck around on computer.

I followed your last instructions to the letter and it works great now.#

Thank you so, so much for your patience and help.

Tony.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS