Important bug: Purchase button is hidden and can be clicked accidentally

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 15 2019 2:04 AM

When previewing resources, the purchase button is hidden. I thought it was a 'see more' button, and almost ended up accidentally making a purchase.

The same problem occurs when searching.

It occurs when the product's title stretches to two lines.

Posts 2517
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 9:37 AM

Mark,

I'm not able to reproduce this? Do you have any program or content scaling? The Quick Buy button is visible for me, even if the title goes more than two lines.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 9:43 AM

The two line title must have been a red herring. It’s probably my non-US currency setting coupled with a sale price.

Posts 2517
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 11:38 AM

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the feedback it helped me narrow things down. I think it's the currency and sale price combining to make extra lines, once I narrowed down what to look for I could reproduce it in US currency. I'll get a bug report written up.

Posts 765
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 11:58 AM

Mark Barnes:

When previewing resources, the purchase button is hidden. I thought it was a 'see more' button, and almost ended up accidentally making a purchase.

So THAT's what bought that strange resource. The Logos staff kindly undid the purchase. Thanks for clearing up the mystery, Mark.

Posts 9914
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2019 11:51 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

Mark,

I'm not able to reproduce this? Do you have any program or content scaling? The Quick Buy button is visible for me, even if the title goes more than two lines.

(edited) It seems it's really the sale rebate, maybe together with a second currency - I can easily reproduce on the search results page as well as on the preview:

This shows as well for short titles that are on sale. The second currency alone, even together with a long title, doesn't trigger the bug:

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS