Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 140
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 17 2019 4:37 AM

With Beta 8.7 the list of the five preferred linguistic resources (when the Lemme is selected) is gone from the Control/Right Click popup. 

This is a BAD move, Faithlife, no matter how you slice it. In fact, I wouldn't call it a feature, I would call it a bug. In one fell stroke, word study became several steps more involved. 

Unless I'm missing something, in which case you have my humble apologies. 

And now I'm going back to the previous release, and hope you get this fixed.

Posts 140
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 4:50 AM

I offer a partial humble apology . . . it seems that the little black line on the right side is a mostly obscured drop-down triangle; I thought it was junk on my screen. 

So at least THAT needs to be fixed, or "Look Up" needs to open that particular panel. 

Posts 140
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 4:55 AM

And, for further clarification, I had Logos set to 130% Program Scaling, since I have old eyes. When I set it to 100%, the full triangle appeared. The full triangle appears at 100% and 110%, is half of one side at 120%, is a little more than half at 140%, and is fully present at 160%. 

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 5:17 AM

Pastor Greg:

And, for further clarification, I had Logos set to 130% Program Scaling, since I have old eyes. When I set it to 100%, the full triangle appeared. The full triangle appears at 100% and 110%, is half of one side at 120%, is a little more than half at 140%, and is fully present at 160%. 

Also note that if you click "Look Up" it will open your prioritized Lexicon in a new window

Posts 140
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 5:20 AM

I did see that, thanks

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 6:31 AM

Pastor Greg:
This is a BAD move, Faithlife, no matter how you slice it. In fact, I wouldn't call it a feature, I would call it a bug.

It's only beta 1, remember. It's obvious there's a lot of work still to do on this menu. I wouldn't be surprised if it took until 8.8 to get it done.

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 9:12 AM

Pastor Greg:

Pastor Greg,

I'm not able to reproduce this. Do you have any other type of scaling turned on? What is your monitor set to?

Thanks,

Philana

Posts 3173
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 9:28 AM

Yeah I'm having some difficulty with this new move as well 

Posts 21869
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 9:33 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:

Can you provide any specifics?

Posts 3173
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 10:08 AM

Graham Criddle:

Whyndell Gizzard:

Can you provide any specifics?

Its not that anything is wrong, just feels awkward, kinda like being right handed and using a screwdriver with your left hand- it'll take some getting use to, things are not where they were kinda issue.

Posts 140
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 10:36 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Pastor Greg,

I'm not able to reproduce this. Do you have any other type of scaling turned on? What is your monitor set to?

Thanks,

Philana

Hi Philana. 

I'm using a ViewSonic 32" monitor, set to 3008x1692 (the native resolution is 3840x2160). The same thing occurs at the native resolution of the monitor. 

Content scaling is set to 100%.

The same thing occurs when I just use my MacBook Pro screen (15", set at native resolution). 

If you like I could take screenshots at 10% intervals of Program Scaling and upload them. 

Sorry about the crankiness . . . 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS