Where are the graphs in Community Pricing?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 532
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 18 2019 6:25 AM

Since the web site redesign, the Community Pricing graphs are no longer visible for all the listings. Sure, you can click on a particular item to see its graph, but that isn't helpful at all. Please bring back the graphs under each item so we can scroll through the Community Pricing items and see which ones we want to bid on. As it is now, I won't be bidding on anything. I simply don't have time to click on every single item to see the price range.

Am i alone in finding this unusable?

John

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 8:48 AM

To be clear, you're asking for the graphs to be displayed in the search results?

Posts 532
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 10:09 AM

Mark Barnes:

To be clear, you're asking for the graphs to be displayed in the search results?

No. When i click on Community Pricing on the main Logos page, all i get is a long listing of items available for bidding with NO graphs at all. This is a drastic change from the behavior before the Web Redesign, and makes it completely unusable. The main menu entry is apparently using search to display items in Community Pricing, but that's irrelevant. There does not seem any way to get a listing of all community pricing items and their graphs which is the only thing that's actually important if deciding to bid. If logos expects me to have to click on every single item to see its range, they've made a drastic mistake. It's a change which makes Community Pricing worthless to me and i suspect to everyone who doesn't want to click on every item to decide to bid or not.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 10:37 AM

Sorry, that's what I meant by the search results.

I'm struggling to understand how the graphs helped you to know. My own experience was that once a product had been on CP for a day or two, the price at which it was going to cross the line was pretty much already settled - because 90% of the people who would bid on it, would just bid for the peak of the graph.

That being the case, if I'm not prepared to pay the current bid amount (or at least something very close to it), there's no point bidding anyway – regardless of the shape of the graph.

Posts 532
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 10:43 AM

Mark Barnes:
That being the case, if I'm not prepared to pay the current bid amount (or at least something very close to it), there's no point bidding anyway – regardless of the shape of the graph.

Merely seeing the current price is not at all helpful. If it were intended to work that way, it could be listed as a Pre-Pub. Knowing how close other bids are, and whether the prices are jumping by $25 vs $1 makes a HUGE difference in my decision. Why would anyone think that choosing to show LESS information than was shown previously would be in any way helpful?

Posts 10034
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 10:45 AM

Just expanding on John's concerns, this AM I was looking for a book I had in print, but then began scanning other results (as a dutiful customer). Prepubs have their little graphs ... I can quickly evaluate if 'dream on'. CC's don't. Like John, 'pass'. I'm not that desperate.

Posts 315
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 12:08 PM

I had the same question. When you double click on a resource the specific page of that resource opens and is showing the graph. See example below.

But I agree: having the graphs on the overview page is much easier to decide. Now it is more cumber- and tiresome to look around. 

Luuk

Posts 4870
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 12:50 PM

I found it was valuable having the graph next to each item on the main community pricing page. I got a quick visual of the spread of prices and could determine whether I wanted to adjust my bid or not.

So I am with those who think FL need to look at restoring this feature.

Posts 10034
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 12:56 PM

Actually, even the main product page provides further punishment. Luuk's example didn't show the successful hiding of the graphs, where the description is fairly decent.

Below is Beloved's recommended CC today (looks interesting ... you'll have to scroll to see progress):

Edit: If you read the comments on this CC, the future doesn't bode well. 5 years for some of the unfortunates. FL isn't helping out.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS