Bug: Some of E4's Resourses Not showing Up in Library

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 516
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 11 2010 1:01 PM | Locked

I have hidden most of my E4 resources, they were mostly the ones that were duplicate's of the Logos books that I own. I was doing a search on a phrase on my whole library and I noticed that two resources were in my search from E4 that I would have hidden if I had found them back when I was going through and hidding duplicate E4 resources in my library.

The first one was E4's Easton's Bible Dictionary and the second one was E3's Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge. Both of these did not show up in my library, either by title or by publlisher. I was able to open them from the search results panel and then drag them to the hidden resources, but they should have shown up in my library.

My concern of course is what else is not showing up in my library?

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 1:12 PM | Locked

See this thread for a comment by Bradley: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/11685/91599.aspx#91599

Bradley Grainger:

The program contains a small, hard-coded list of resources that are (almost) exact duplicates of each other, and automatically hides (what we consider to be) the inferior copy (if the better copy is present).

However, it's not hidden in the regular way (i.e. it's not removed from the disk), and it's still indexed.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 516
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 1:34 PM | Locked

Thanks!

I had forgotten about that. I wish they would have just completely moved them into the hidden resources list for two reasons. One, they would show up in the hidden resources in case I thought they were misssing completly and secondly I don't want those type of resources in my searches!

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 1:44 PM | Locked

BobbyTerhune:

Thanks!

I had forgotten about that. I wish they would have just completely moved them into the hidden resources list for two reasons. One, they would show up in the hidden resources in case I thought they were misssing completly and secondly I don't want those type of resources in my searches!

Yes, I agree.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 5:17 PM | Locked

Todd Phillips:

BobbyTerhune:

Thanks!

Yes, I agree.

Hopefully, they will eventually be removed from the Index (a rebuild should do that but don't be in a hurry to do it manually). I'll create a wiki report to reflect the issues raised here.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 8:01 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
Hopefully, they will eventually be removed from the Index (a rebuild should do that but don't be in a hurry to do it manually). I'll create a wiki report to reflect the issues raised here.

I've submitted a report to find out more about this.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS