8.7 beta 2: Guides show up in the wrong place in the context menu

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 24 2019 2:50 AM

The release notes say that 'relevant Guides' should be shown in the context menu. However, when selecting a Bible reference, I can only see the Passage Guide. I can't see the Exegetical Guide or any custom guides. I discovered later that they're under the "Bookstore" subheading instead!

I would also expect to be able to start workflows from this menu. Can we presume this is coming?

Posts 2494
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 9:56 AM

Mark Barnes:

The release notes say that 'relevant Guides' should be shown in the context menu. However, when selecting a Bible reference, I can only see the Passage Guide. I can't see the Exegetical Guide or any custom guides. I discovered later that they're under the "Bookstore" subheading instead!

I would also expect to be able to start workflows from this menu. Can we presume this is coming?

I'm sorry, I've updated the release notes to be clearer. Can you clarify where you see a "Bookstore" heading? I don't know where you are seeing this.

For a Reference selection there should be a featured Gude in the case of a Reference its Passage Guide near the top, and then lower in the menu (under the Look up and Share sections) there should be your last used Guide that fits the item selected which can be expanded for more Guide options.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 2:40 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

I'm sorry, I've updated the release notes to be clearer. Can you clarify where you see a "Bookstore" heading? I don't know where you are seeing this.

For a Reference selection there should be a featured Gude in the case of a Reference its Passage Guide near the top, and then lower in the menu (under the Look up and Share sections) there should be your last used Guide that fits the item selected which can be expanded for more Guide options.

Here's what I see – the Passage Guide near the top:

And then all my other guides, as sub-items under the Bookstore heading, lower down:

My preferred behaviour would be:

1. Group all the guides at the top of the menu (where the Passage Guide is), but have them minimised.
  2. If I maximise this section by clicking the arrow, and then choose another Guide, then next time I select this menu:
    1. Have the new Guide as the main item, instead of the Passage Guide.
    2. Keep the section minimised unless clicked.
    3. Move the Passage Guide into the sub-group.

This way, we could essentially choose a default guide for ourselves, without any additional UI.

Posts 2054
LogosEmployee

Mark, it looks to me like you've created a custom guide named "Bookstore". The collapsable group of guides will show as a header item the most recently run guide (that isn't displayed higher up in the menu). Since we've only just started tracking recently used guides, if you don't yet have any, then it'll show the first one in the alphabetical list (which for you happens to be called Bookstore). Once you run a guide once, this should work in a better way for you.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 28 2019 12:36 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
Mark, it looks to me like you've created a custom guide named "Bookstore".

Quite right – I had forgotten. I had to do that because the Bookstore section is not available otherwise. I've said before it makes little sense to not have all the sections available for standalone.

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
The collapsable group of guides will show as a header item the most recently run guide (that isn't displayed higher up in the menu).

Why can't these guides can't just be grouped under Passage Guide higher up? That would use less space, and wouldn't have confused me.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS