Any progress on imported notes formatting?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 11 2010 4:52 PM

I want to switch completely to Logos 4 but I am held back by two problems which remain as far as I am aware, unfixed: the absence of a real counterpart to the topical browser in L4 and the loss of formatting for notes imported from L3.

For the former, I know that there is a major work of tagging underway and we just need to wait.

For the latter, I wonder where things are at: is this fixed in 4.0d? Is it on the frontburner, backburner or fallen between the cracks? What I refer to specifically is the loss of the paragraph divisions. Individual imported notes appear in L4 as one block of text. Perhaps there are other format problems with imported notes, but that's the one I am aware of and bugs me. Let's put it this way: I have thousands of notes accumulated over a number of years. I don't want to have to reformat them all (even progressively!) if it can be avoided.

As it is, I continue to update my note files in L3 but there is no doubt that I'd rather operate from within one application than two!

Posts 30183
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 5:07 PM

Francis:
L4 and the loss of formatting for notes imported from L3.

Most of the formatting problems are solved for most users. What I would suggest is that you try importing your notes - you can delete them if they don't come across correctly. If you have problems, send your L3 note files that failed to convert correctly to Logos along with a screen shot or two of the failure. I think its fair to say Logos has the formatting problems down to user-specific quirks.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 8:17 AM

Having not heard from other users or from a Logos tech I remain unsure as to whether indeed the problem is solely a user-quirk:  can other users confirm whether the notes they imported from L3 into L4 retained the paragraphs as they were originally?

What I mean is this:

L3 note:

Paragraph 1.....

Paragraph 2.... (I skip a line between paragraphs in my notes to make it visually more readable).

Corresponding L4 imported note:

Paragraph 1....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Paragraph 2.... (the blank lines are gone and I'm left with one solid block of text).

So, can others confirm that in the latest stable release (4.0c sr-2) they do not have this problem, or do they?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS