Can login to Logos 8 but not Logos 5

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Zack Cooper | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 6 2019 5:25 AM

I recently got a laptop and I'm using Logos 5. I wanted to install it to my laptop but it is unable to login through the login pane. So, I downloaded Logos 8 basic to see if it would work and it does. Can anyone help me? I don't have proxy, I have disabled firewall and any security software. I refreshed winsock and updated windows. Any help is appreciated.

Posts 1344
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 6 2019 6:17 AM

I'm sure others more knowledgeable than myself will soon stop by, but is there any particular reason why you still want to use L5? It hasn't been supported for a long time. Upgrading to L8 is free, and if you login with the same credentials as you used with L5, your license will be synced. You will not lose any books.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 6 2019 6:24 AM

Zack Cooper:

I recently got a laptop and I'm using Logos 5. I wanted to install it to my laptop but it is unable to login through the login pane. So, I downloaded Logos 8 basic to see if it would work and it does. Can anyone help me? I don't have proxy, I have disabled firewall and any security software. I refreshed winsock and updated windows. Any help is appreciated.

Any Logos release prior to L7.18 cannot log into the Logos Servers. If you have a current installation it should still work offline, but you will not be able to access any tools or features that require an internet connection.

Note that the L8 upgrade is free and all of your resources and documents are retained when you upgrade.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

The free Logos 8 upgrade is here: https://www.logos.com/basic

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS