Need similar resources for early church Bible commentaries study

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 8 2019 7:06 PM

I am looking for resources that link scripture to an early commentary - excluding those that include only short excerpts such as Ancient Christian Commentary or Catena Aurea. These are ones I know:

I'd like to double my list. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 9 2019 10:01 AM

I don't see much difference between ACCS and The Church's Bible in terms of methodology. They both include short excerpts.

There are dozens of other volumes that include just an early commentary. I assume you don't want these. If you do, I've got a list of probably 80 volumes or so.

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 9 2019 1:27 PM

Mark Barnes:
I don't see much difference between ACCS and The Church's Bible in terms of methodology.

You are correct. Often, the difference in length is not as great as I remembered. I'll add ACCS in.

Pawel Trajewski:
The Bible in Medieval Tradition 

I'd totally forgotten about this.

The catenas and single work volumes are useful but I've put them in a separate section.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS