Northwestern Publishing House Sermon Studies categorized as monographs?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 153
M.Megel | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 10 2019 4:50 AM

I like the Sermon Studies from the Northwestern Publishing House. My question is: Why are they categorized as monographs? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to categorize and tag them e.g. as commentaries? So they would show up in Logos together with other commentaries? Would it be complicated to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Posts 25092
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2019 3:19 PM

I don't have the Studies, but here are some thoughts:-

1. They are clearly categorized as Sermon Studies/Outlines, which could be type Sermons or Monograph.

• as Commentaries, passages need to be in canonical order, and appear only once in the collection of 11 volumes.
  • a random/selected collection of passages do not qualify as Commentaries (which need to be more complete and systematic).
  • a Sermon based on a passage is not a Commentary

2. If tagged by Faithlife, the sermons/outlines will appear in Sermon Starter Guide (based on bible passage and/or theme)

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 26979
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2019 4:24 PM

M.Megel:
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to categorize and tag them e.g. as commentaries?

They are commentaries based on the lectionary and should be indexed by lectionary date. Bible commentaries follow Biblical sequence as Dave pointed out. There is no special type for lectionary commentaries.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS