Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1915
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 15 2019 9:43 PM

Since Logos is venturing into Messianic Jewish resources (finally), I'm curious as to what Logos users think of resources from First Fruits of Zion (Messiah Magazine, Messiah Journal, Torah Club Commentaries, etc), and if any of their resources would be a good addition to Logos if Faithlife could secure licensing?

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Posts 76
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2019 8:56 AM

FFOZ resources are among the very best Messianic resources available and I wholeheartedly recommend them all, especially Messiah Journal for those of us in seminary. While Messiah Journal and Messiah Magazine are available in PDF format for download to supporters of FFOZ, their books and commentaries are not, unfortunately. Few things in life would make me as happy as seeing a licensing agreement worked out between FL and FFOZ and to have all editions of Messiah Journal available in Logos format and as part of the journal bundles. I would be glad to personally put FL in touch with the FFOZ leadership. And it would be a great start if we could get some more interest and activity going on the Messianic forum for both FFOZ resources and other Messianic and Jewish resources, especially some of the titles currently languishing in pre-pub pergatory.

Shalom

Posts 1915
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2019 12:03 PM

Thanks for the info! I have access to Messiah Magazine and Messiah Journal in print, so I’ll look into becoming a FFOZ Friend so I can have access to their online archives (I'll look into the difference of tiers to see if I want the basic tier or the mid-range tier that includes access to Torah Club resources).

From what I've seen/read of their resources, it would be great to have as much of them as possible in Logos if Faithlife could strike a licensing deal with FFOZ. They do look top-notch when it comes to Messianic Jewish resources and would allow Faithlife to really excel in offering quality Messianic Jewish resources for Logos.

Nathan Parker

Posts 1915
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2019 9:23 PM

I joined FFOZ Friends tonight. I’m starting on the base tier, but I may upgrade to the mid tier if I want access to the Torah Club commentaries (I may want to do that sometime). I'm looking forard to having access to their resources, and it would be great to see at least some of them in Logos someday.

I may also purchase one of the MJ base package libraries to also show FL there is definitely an interest here and keep it up.

Nathan Parker

Posts 4914
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2019 10:06 PM

Nathan Parker:

Since Logos is venturing into Messianic Jewish resources (finally),

FL have had these resources for a long time, it’s just the compilation of them into base packages is a long time coming.

Nathan Parker:

I'm curious as to what Logos users think of resources from First Fruits of Zion (Messiah Magazine, Messiah Journal, Torah Club Commentaries, etc), and if any of their resources would be a good addition to Logos if Faithlife could secure licensing?

I would be interested to see these in Logos, thanks for raising the possibility Nathan.

Posts 1915
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2019 8:54 PM

DIsciple II:

FL have had these resources for a long time, it’s just the compilation of them into base packages is a long time coming.

I would be interested to see these in Logos, thanks for raising the possibility Nathan.

True. I have seen MJ resources in Logos, but I am glad they're putting them into base packages and really starting to "promote" them. It's an area Faithlife/Logos needs to promote more of for sure.

FFOZ resources would be great to see in Logos if FL can pull it off. They do seem like solid resources, and some I look forward to enjoy studying through my Friends membership (as a Jewish believer in Yeshua myself, but who has spent my life in church, it is interesting to learn more about MJ, especially as a Systematic Theology major who has an increasing research interest in kingdom theology).

Nathan Parker

Posts 4914
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2019 12:47 AM

Agreed it’s good to have these packages on offer,

I encourage you to keep pursuing your studies Nathan, keep pursuing to better know God through your study of the scripture and may this lead you to bring glory to His name through your life.

Posts 1915
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2019 3:54 PM

DIsciple II:

Agreed it’s good to have these packages on offer,

I encourage you to keep pursuing your studies Nathan, keep pursuing to better know God through your study of the scripture and may this lead you to bring glory to His name through your life.

Amen!

Nathan Parker

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS