How Would One...?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 134
Esther Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 13 2010 1:17 PM

My pastor mentioned a place, Susa, in his sermon today, and then several biblical events/people that took place there or who lived and wrote from there.  I wanted a visual of the timeline of things/people in Susa.

Is there a way, in L4, to do this?  Or would it have to be done manually...i.e., look up each person/event, and put them on a personal timeline?

Thanks!

Esther

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2010 1:22 PM

Esther Jones:
Is there a way, in L4, to do this?  Or would it have to be done manually

Unfortunately there is currently no way to create timelines in Logos 4. This could be done in Logos 3 with by creating a timeline file using XML markup. Not in L4.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 134
Esther Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2010 1:34 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Esther Jones:
Is there a way, in L4, to do this?  Or would it have to be done manually

Unfortunately there is currently no way to create timelines in Logos 4. This could be done in Logos 3 with by creating a timeline file using XML markup. Not in L4.

Thanks, Mark:  would it be too much trouble for you detail out for me how to do it in L3?  I still have L3 on my machine...Wink

Esther

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2010 1:57 PM

Well the way I knew was to take a file someone else had produced and modify it. It takes a while. You then put the file in your My Documents\Libronix DLS\Timelines folder.

Here ia an example I got somewhere. Sorry i cannot credit the creator. By viewing it in Logos 3 then looking at the coding you can probably figure out what to do.

3005.Jeroboam.zip

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 134
Esther Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2010 8:28 PM

Thanks, Mark...I may not bother because I'm usually short of time, but I grabbed the file just in case God gives me some leisure to mess with it.

Esther

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS