Setting up Ancient Christian Devotional by Oden

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Michael Boyle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 7 2019 9:16 AM

Is there a way to set up this Devotional as a weekly devotional on the home screen?

Oden, T. C., & Crosby, C. (Eds.). (2007). Ancient Christian Devotional: A Year of Weekly Readings: Lectionary Cycle A (p. 3). Downers Grove, IL: IVP Books.

Posts 10049
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2019 9:26 AM

Welcome to the forums, Michael!

Michael Boyle:

Is there a way to set up this Devotional as a weekly devotional on the home screen?

Oden, T. C., & Crosby, C. (Eds.). (2007). Ancient Christian Devotional: A Year of Weekly Readings: Lectionary Cycle A (p. 3). Downers Grove, IL: IVP Books.

Not directly. Oden's ACD does have a lectionary index (actually three of those), but no calendar days associated - and Logos currently doesn't support liturgical calendar days.

What you could do is using a layout with a lectionary of your choice, such as RCL, and the ACD put into the same link set, so opening your lectionary to this week's readings will position the ACD to the proper Sunday 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3
Michael Boyle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2019 10:40 AM

I put them both as link set A but the ACD doesn't move when I scroll up and down. 

Posts 10049
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2019 10:55 AM

Michael Boyle:

I put them both as link set A but the ACD doesn't move when I scroll up and down. 

Hm. they do for me. Did you use the ACD Volume for Cycle C? It scrolls along for me and even automatically opens other year's books when I locate RCL there, but maybe it needs to start with a match in the dataset

Posts 3
Michael Boyle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2019 1:15 PM

I figured out I was on A! Thanks for your help!

Posts 10049
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2019 3:03 PM

Glad to hear it's now working for you! Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS