Plans to Allow for Side-by-side Feature in iOS 13?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2019 7:23 AM

Headline says it all.

I know other Bible apps already have this support. Would love to see that in Logos. Current beta of the mobile app doesn't support it, at least on my iPad.

Posts 139
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2019 9:06 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Kevin. We have been talking about it. Would love to hear how in particular you would envision using the feature.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2019 9:31 PM

How would this feature differ from having two columns in the mobile app now? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 2:45 AM

You could have four at once. I don’t understand why an iOS iPad  app wouldn’t want to include such a big part of the new os. Especially when the competition is using it. Makes logos look behind the times. 

Posts 853
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 3:34 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:
You could have four at once. I don’t understand why an iOS iPad  app wouldn’t want to include such a big part of the new os. Especially when the competition is using it. Makes logos look behind the times. 

Agree

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 7:05 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:
You could have four at once.

Ah. 2x2. Got it. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1095
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 7:21 AM

I think the official name for this is Multiple Spaces, but could be wrong. Side-by-Side sounds much better, though!

I had hopes that this would work naturally and that developers would not have to make changes to their apps for this feature to work, but it looks like this is not the case. I would be nice to have a Bible open on the full left hand side, then have a commentary on top right and notes on bottom right. That would be cool!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 1572
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 7:35 AM

Yes, Multiple Spaces is the correct term. But it is not just about having two Logos apps open side by side each other. It means that we would be able to have multiple instances of Logos open in multiple spaces. So you could have a Logos app open by itself in one space, and another open side by side with your word processor in another space. And a third space could have Logos side by side with itself.

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 7:48 AM

Levi Durfey:

It means that we would be able to have multiple instances of Logos open in multiple spaces. So you could have a Logos app open by itself in one space, and another open side by side with your word processor in another space. And a third space could have Logos side by side with itself.

I don’t think 3 spaces is possible. I just tried with Safari which supports the feature and you can only open 2 windows at once.

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 7:49 AM

Oh, I see what you mean. Not all on screen at once, but on different screens.

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 7:57 AM

By the way. I mistakenly said the competition supported it already.  But I’m pretty certain that a few will certainly support it very soon.

Posts 1572
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 8:04 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Oh, I see what you mean. Not all on screen at once, but on different screens.

Right...Apple's terminology is spaces, not screens. See here: https://www.apple.com/ipados/ 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS