Suggestions: For Report typos

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 10
Wayne Donald Baker | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2019 11:54 AM

It would be nice if you would acknowledge typos you correct from reports you receive from the users.  This would be a matter of politeness and good customer appreciation, with minimum cost.  It also encourages the customer to continue proofing your material, which is beneficial to the organization.  I saw one person on Facebook state he finally saw one of his typos report acted upon and corrected out of the number he had submitted.  I also have submitted a few, but often forget when and where they were so do not know where to look for your updates showing the corrections.  It would be appreciated to be acknowledged with a simple thank you, and we acted on it.

Posts 9220
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2019 1:30 PM

Faithlife used to do this but decided to discontinue the practice a while back. Personally I agree that it would encourage more feedback and ultimately would improve resources.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1734
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2019 3:11 PM

Wayne Donald Baker:
I also have submitted a few, but often forget when and where they were so do not know where to look for your updates showing the corrections.

I highlight any typo I submit with a custom highlight (and in a separate Notebook). That way when I come across it again I can see if it's been corrected. I also periodically scan my typos notebook to see if anything has changed.

Bruce Dunning:
Personally I agree that it would encourage more feedback and ultimately would improve resources.

Yes

Posts 28246
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2019 7:11 PM

Wayne Donald Baker:
I saw one person on Facebook state he finally saw one of his typos report acted upon and corrected out of the number he had submitted.

There are a number of different kinds of typos. Many typos are in the original material. Those cannot be changed without permission from the author/publisher. There are also many reported typos which aren't actually typos... which means that FL has to spend considerable time understanding before making changes. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 5:47 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Faithlife used to do this but decided to discontinue the practice a while back. Personally I agree that it would encourage more feedback and ultimately would improve resources.

Yes Yes Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 814
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 6:18 AM

I also appreciated the emails we used to get.

It would be cool if FL would send these emails again. (I wonder if they left the code in place and just commented it out. Smile)

Posts 1240
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 7:08 AM

I tend to see, and thus report, more tagging errors that actual full-fledged typos (found an section in a commentary tagged as Philippians 3 rather than Acts 3, just this weekend). tI would indeed be nice if these were logged somewhere on our local device, such as in a TYPOS note document. I would prefer this to some sort of thank you / notification.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 323
Andrew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 9:33 AM

Levi Durfey:

Wayne Donald Baker:
I also have submitted a few, but often forget when and where they were so do not know where to look for your updates showing the corrections.

I highlight any typo I submit with a custom highlight (and in a separate Notebook). That way when I come across it again I can see if it's been corrected. I also periodically scan my typos notebook to see if anything has changed.

So there isn't a report somewhere that I can review with a list of the typos I have reported?

Posts 1734
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 11:18 AM

Andrew:
So there isn't a report somewhere that I can review with a list of the typos I have reported?

No, not that I have ever seen. But you could try contacting Customer Service and seeing if they would be able to send you one.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS