SUGGESTION: Scope of Hermeneia

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 29286
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 30 2019 2:40 AM

I'm sure that no one will be surprised to know that I would like to see Factbook, Bible Browser, Verse Mapping and some other tools to be expanded to include books that are closely related to the canonical books. But such an opened ended request would appropriately be turned down by FL on several grounds. However, I do believe that a much stronger case could be made to expand the tools to cover the books covered by the Hermeneia Commentary Series which includes:

• 1 Enoch: The Hermeneia Translation George W.E. Nickelsburg (Author) James C. VanderKam (Author)
  • Psalms 3: A Commentary on Psalms 101-150, Hermeneia series Klaus Baltzer (Editor) Linda M. Maloney (Translator) Frank Lothar Hossfeld (Author) Erich Zenger (Author)
  • 1 Enoch 2: A Commentary on the Book of 1 Enoch, Chapters 37-82 George W.E.Nickelsburg (Author) James C. VanderKam (Author)
  • Jubilees: A Commentary in Two Volumes James C. VanderKam (Author)
  • The Odes of Solomon Michael Lattke (Author) Marianne Ehrhardt (Translator)
  • 1 Enoch 1: A Commentary on the Book of 1 Enoch, Chapters 1-36; 81-108 Klaus Baltzer (Editor) George W.E. Nickelsburg (Author)
  • The Shepherd of Hermas: A Commentary Carolyn Osiek (Author) Helmut Koester (Editor)
  • The Didache: A Commentary Kurt Niederwimmer (Author) Harold W. Attridge (Editor)
  • Fourth Ezra: A Commentary on the Books of Fourth Ezra Frank Moore Cross (Editor) Michael E. Stone (Author)
  • Ignatius of Antioch: A Commentary on the Letters of Ignatius of Antioch Helmut Koester (Editor) William R. Schoedel (Author)
  • Hermeneia: The Apostolic Tradition: Commentary (Herm) by Paul F. Bradshaw
  • Hermeneia: The Apostolic Tradition: Adaptations (Herm) by Paul F. Bradshaw
  • The Critical Edition of Q, James M. Robinson and Paul Hoffmann

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS