Another STRONG plea for works by Robert Alter. They are CRYING out to be in Logos. PLEASE VOTE!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 9 2019 9:32 PM

I'm going to try a different tack: posting a separate UserVoice suggestion for each of his books, since the "all his works" one which has 266 votes already seems like it's being ignored. I guess Faithlife can't act on something that isn't specific enough.

So please go vote for any and all of these that you'd be hypothetically interested in (even if, in the end, you couldn't buy ALL of them).

These others were already on UserVoice, but need more votes:

Posts 26511
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2019 9:47 PM

Yes keep pushing

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 452
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2019 10:09 PM

Yes

Posts 1364
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2019 10:26 PM

Yes. I don't understand the obstacle or reluctance here. They're clearly in demand, and have been for years. I'll go vote. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2019 12:14 AM

Ben:
I don't understand the obstacle or reluctance here.

I'm guessing it's because they have no relationship with Alter's main publisher, W. W. Norton & Company, and it's hard to get a new publisher on board. Norton is primarily a secular publisher that might not be eager to deal with a bible software company, even though they do publish some Christian books. It took Faithlife/Logos the longest time to get a deal with HarperOne to publish C.S. Lewis's books, even with much begging from users.

Posts 268
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2019 5:05 AM

YesYes - voted

Posts 84
LogosEmployee
Mike Hanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2019 7:28 AM

Rosie Perera:

I'm going to try a different tack: posting a separate UserVoice suggestion for each of his books, since the "all his works" one which has 266 votes already seems like it's being ignored. I guess Faithlife can't act on something that isn't specific enough.

So please go vote for any and all of these that you'd be hypothetically interested in (even if, in the end, you couldn't buy ALL of them).

These others were already on UserVoice, but need more votes:

Thanks for the persistent interest, I agree that these would be great additions to logos. We will let you know when we have an update. 

Posts 1975
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2019 10:25 AM

Yes

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 32
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2019 2:18 PM

I sat down after work to read portions of Alter's Isaiah and pondered just how easy it would be to compare it with other versions with Faithlife.

Isaiah 44:3-4 Robert Alter 2019

For I will pour water on thirsty land, // and rivulets upon the dry ground,

I will pour My spirit on your seed // And My blessing on your offering

And they shall sprout among the grass // like willows by brooks of water.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS