SUGGESTION: Old Latin - convert to Verbum

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 29099
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 9 2019 9:57 PM

The Double Text of Jeremiah (Massoretic and Alexandrian Compared) together with an Appendix on the Old Latin Evidence

by A. W. Streane is currently available as an ebook; given the dearth of Old Latin Resources, I'd like to see it converted to a Verbum resource.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1537
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2019 10:23 PM

Yes

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 10681
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2019 12:24 PM

MJ. Smith:

The Double Text of Jeremiah (Massoretic and Alexandrian Compared) together with an Appendix on the Old Latin Evidence

by A. W. Streane is currently available as an ebook; given the dearth of Old Latin Resources, I'd like to see it converted to a Verbum resource.

I'm not sure that's correct - this book appears in the FL ebook store like many of the Logos-produced PD books do (since the shop site relaunch), but the product page claims it's a Logos edition of type bible commentary.

Edit: and you can buy it at Verbum.com already: https://verbum.com/product/157471/the-double-text-of-jeremiah-massoretic-and-alexandrian-compared-together-with-an-appendix-on-the-old-latin-evidence 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10956
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2019 12:44 PM

Thank you MJ, and then NB. I usually (never) check ebooks or Verbum (poor mind). Got it!

For the curious:

- Alexandrian refers to the LXX (logically). Ergo translation, and base text discussion

- Absent possible missing tags, it's tagged ... Bible refs, Josephus, etc General abbreviations are expanded.

- Seems to reference Driver a lot (see early ICC volumes and Hastings)

- Nice humor:

"Probably a certain amount of lucky guess-work is latent in their translation."

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 29099
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2019 3:28 PM

NB.Mick:
I'm not sure that's correct - this book appears in the FL ebook store like many of the Logos-produced PD books do (since the shop site relaunch), but the product page claims it's a Logos edition of type bible commentary.

Ah, I should pay more attention to the site information rather than jump to conclusions based on the site I personally first ran into it. Great example of faulty data interpretation.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS