What resources would you most like to see available in Logos?

Page 1 of 7 (121 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 120 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 2159
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 18 2010 11:23 AM

Logos has added so many resources lately.  What is left that you would most like to see added?

1.  Wesley's Works (the new Thomas Oden edition)

2.  New Cambridge Bible Commentary

3.  William Barclay's Daily Study Bible

4.  NIV Application Commentary (the additional volumes not yet in Logos)

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2608
Forum MVP
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 12:08 PM

1.   All Czech modern translations of the Bible, especially Czech Study Translation.

2.   At least one Polish modern Bible translation.

3.   Stanley M. Horton books, especially Logion Press Commentaries.

EDIT:  As you can see here the Czech Study Translation is coming to Logos soon. Great news. Well, the other 3 modern translations (Czech Ecumenical Bible, Bible, 21st Century Translation and the Jerusalem Bible) are still in a waiting list... Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 444
H.-J.van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 1:32 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

2.   At least one Polish modern Bible translation.

YesYesYes

It's hard to choose, but here are three works of which I had to consult the paper edition in the last 5 days:

1. John Calvin's sermons.

2. Mishnah (e.g. the "Giessen Edition").

3. Joachim Jeremias, The Parables of Jesus.

With Bavinck on its way, I also hope that Logos will continue working together with the Dutch Translation Society.

Posts 14332
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 4:42 PM

1. More early translations - Armenian, Georgian, Friscan, Anglo-saxons etc.

2. Standard glosses to the Vulgate

3. More materials from the Eastern Church fathers.

Logos4catholics Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 118
Nathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 5:58 PM

How about some of the "ArtScroll Series", Stone Edition Chumash etc.

Posts 14332
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 8:05 PM

Nathan Barnes:

How about some of the "ArtScroll Series", Stone Edition Chumash etc.

Ah yes, I should of thought of them.

Logos4catholics Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 8:37 PM

Michael Childs:

Logos has added so many resources lately.  What is left that you would most like to see added?

1.  The Oxford Bible Commentary (updated from Logos 2.1 to Logos 4 format).

2.  The "New Interpreter's Bible" publications (Bible, Dictionary, Study Bible).

Fred

Posts 258
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 9:19 PM

The unabridged Hebrew-Aramaic Lexicon!!!

Posts 15660
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 10:06 PM

MathewVoth:

The unabridged Hebrew-Aramaic Lexicon!!!

We have this one available already, that is if you mean the unabridged HALOT (Hebrew Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament (5 vols.)

Posts 191
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 11:59 PM

1) Adrian Rogers

2) Walter Martin

3) More Al Mohler

4) More Erwin Lutzer

Posts 2424
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 12:13 AM

Almost everything else that Tom Wright has ever written.

In terms of extant theologians this must be the biggest gap in modern biblical studies.

Posts 337

The unabridged edition of Foxe's Book of Martyrs.  Particularly the 1684 edition http://www.greatsite.com/facsimile-reproductions/foxe-1684.html

Including all of the artwork.

Jason Saling

Posts 224
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 1:01 AM

Jason Saling:

The unabridged edition of Foxe's Book of Martyrs.  Particularly the 1684 edition http://www.greatsite.com/facsimile-reproductions/foxe-1684.html

Including all of the artwork.

Great suggestion!

Posts 15660
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 1:22 AM

More and better Atlases, complete with all text, color illustrations, indexes, etc. E.g.:

*** I have all of these in print, and they are excellent; especially Biblica and the Baker one

Real Art! I want to be able to search in Logos for a particular Bible passage and find reproductions of all the great paintings related to it. Most of them are in the public domain. They are wonderful to use as illustrations for sermons and classes, and for one's own meditation/reflection on a Biblical story. There are vast numbers of these already available online and indexed by websites such as Art Concordance, The Bible and Art, Biblical Art on the WWW, etc. Logos shouldn't let free websites be the leaders in this area! Even though quality reproductions are available all over the web, I'd pay to have a good-sized collection of them all in my Logos Library to ensure that I'd have access to them all the time and they'd be of similar quality, high enough resolution for display in PowerPoint, with all the correct title/artist/date/location/Scripture reference information, all of which would searchable.

Posts 258
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 2:50 AM

I hope for Henri Nouwen works!!Embarrassed

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 150
Niko | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 3:55 AM

Loeb library

Posts 328
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 4:52 AM

Rosie Perera:

More and better Atlases, complete with all text, color illustrations, indexes, etc. E.g.:

Great suggestions; I am not familiar with your first listing though. I would also like to second Michael Childs' suggestion of more NIV Application commentaries. We already have available the entire NT and the OT prophets, but are missing Enns on Exodus and the ones from the historical and wisdom books.

Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD, Win 7 64-bit

Posts 2608
Forum MVP
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 5:17 AM

Rosie Perera:
Holman Bible Atlas

Great suggestions Rosie. More atlases would be great.

Just the note: we have Holman Bible Atlas already in Logos and it is my most appreciated one in my library. I got it as I upgraded to the Platinum Package.

Bohuslav

Posts 626
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 6:11 AM

My Utmost For His Highest - the updated edition that was put out in the 90's with the NIV as the base text.

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series

Mt Gilead Church - Olney, IL

Posts 97
Al Bastin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 6:17 AM

For me, the complete works of:

Frederick Buechner, Walter Brueggemann, Jurgen Moltmann, Henri Nouwen, Barbara Brown Taylor, Howard Thurman, Paul Tillich, and N.T. Wright.

Also wouldn't mind either a collection of good religious poetry, or specifically the works of T.S. Eliot, R.S. Thomas, etc.

Page 1 of 7 (121 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS