ACKNOWLEDGED BUG: Data bug (Sean) or process bug?? Jesus' tomb at the country of the Gerasenes

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26832
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 1 2019 1:58 AM

I selected Mark 5:2-6 in the NRSV, did a right click for a Context Menu and was rather surprised to find the event "Jesus' tomb is found empty" to be up the event chain from "Jesus sends demons into a herd of pigs". The Biblical Event Navigator failed to show me why this juxtaposition occurred. But throwing in random events to see if I am actually paying attention is not the attention I want as a user. Why aren't other people seeing these?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 21999
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2019 2:04 AM

MJ. Smith:
The Biblical Event Navigator failed to show me why this juxtaposition occurred

My guess is that the preceding relevant passage Matt 28:1-7 is not "closed" properly and so the tagging continues throughout Mark's Gospel until Mk 16:9.

If you check random passages in Mark you will see the same event tagged.

Posts 26832
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2019 2:06 AM

Good explanation  ... why hasn't anyone reported it?????

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2019 4:00 PM

MJ. Smith:

Good explanation  ... why hasn't anyone reported it?????

It was reported in March 2019 and August 2019 by Graham Criddle and MJ Smith! It was never acknowledged by Faithlife.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 21999
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2019 4:06 PM

Thanks Dave!

I thought it sounded familiar

Posts 758
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2019 4:20 PM

I can reproduce this: we'll get this fixed, and sorry for not noticing the previous posts. 

Posts 21999
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2019 4:26 PM

Thanks Sean

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS