Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 88
David Housholder | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 24 2009 5:33 PM

The tyndale OneYear Bible is the current standard for guides to reading through the Bible in a year with passages from Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs.

There is a one year Bible guide fo some sort in the book list from Logos, but it doesn't seem to be the Tyndale published version.

Has there been any consideration for producing the OneYear Bible for Logos?

David Housholder

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2009 5:48 PM
Not familiar with Tyndale's approach. What does it offer that you cannot do in a One Year plan with Logos?

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 88
David Housholder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2009 6:16 PM

Joe Miller:
Not familiar with Tyndale's approach. What does it offer that you cannot do in a One Year plan with Logos?

I don't know what is in the one offered by Logos as they give only minimal information about it. But the OneYear Bible published by Tyndale has become a standard reading plan. So it's available in various printed format, in at least two online audio versions, a streaming audio plus text version for the iPhone and in the Laridian software programs.

Our camp program for middle schoolers in the summer encourages the kids to start that program. Out of that incouragement a church adult Sunday School started the project. And so on.

So why would I want it for Logos?  When I head off to India next month for a month of teaching I would like to be able to follow that reading program using the Logos Bible program. I'd like to open Logos and have that reading plan because it's what I use to follow along with our fellow readers.

Dave

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2009 8:35 PM
Ah, I see. So you are following the same reading plan as the others in your study. That makes sense. The Logos plan is real simple, but it is not the same as Tyndale's I am not sure how it could be incorporated, but maybe the power that be who read these things could come up with a solution. Logos may not respond here, but I do know they are reading along! God bless brother David!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 29357
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2009 11:30 PM

While my motives are different than yours, I strongly support a major Logos upgrade to their Bible Study module to handle items such as the Zondervan plans - not just their annual plan - and the Greek Orthodox monthly plan.  I also strongly support an upgrade to the Lectionary module to handle the Jewish reading cycle, International Standard Scripture Study Lessons, liturgical prayer book scripture, antiphons etc. (in addition to the readings), and historical (undated lectionaries). And for my third wish - I'd have the lectionary and Bible study modules merged and the liturgical calendar portion (ordo) broken out as an independent item. I'll even provide the XML schema that I can prove handles them all! [Okay, I admit the schema isn't the hard part.]

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS