Bug, 4.0d, beta 4: Bug in parallel resource drop-down

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 20 2010 7:45 AM | Locked

The screenshot below shows a parallel resource dropdown. The commentary in use is in a collection (show on the right), though you'll see that collection doesn't appear in the dropdown. It's possibly that's a bug. If it's not, it's presumably because I have page number in the reference box. However, that raises two questions. (1) Why I can't change it to a Bible reference, and (b) why any parallel resources show at all.

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 12:58 PM | Locked

Interesting.  I don't have that commentary set, so I can't reproduce it.

I do have a question though.  Why are the page numbers so high in that resource (page 2040) ?  Amazon says those books are only around 300 pages.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 4:55 PM | Locked

The page numbers in volume 2 are messed up. I think it should be pg 40, volume 2; not page 2040. By the end we're on page 20277!

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 5:25 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:
Why I can't change it to a Bible reference

When I opened this resource to the location in your screen shot, I also got page 2040. The Scripture reference (vv 26, 27) that are hidden under the PRA drop down are not keyed. When I pass the cursor over them, L4 does not recognize them as Scripture. Further checking revealed that this is true for all other sub-sections in this resource. None of the verse references are tagged.

Mark Barnes:
why any parallel resources show at all.

I can't answer that question. I selected the Bible Knowledge Commentary from the list, and it opened to Hebrews 10:26-27, exactly as it should. When I then selected Preaching the Word from the next PRA list, it opened to the beginning of the section (the Perils of Apostasy, Hebrews 10:26-31).

Don't quite know what to make of all this, but thought I would let you know what I have experienced.

Posts 26525
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 6:22 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:
you'll see that collection doesn't appear in the dropdown. It's possibly that's a bug. If it's not, it's presumably because I have page number in the reference box. However, that raises two questions. (1) Why I can't change it to a Bible reference, and (b) why any parallel resources show at all.

I think it is the resource as page # is not a hindrance to my collection appearing as a PRS and following the original bible reference.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 10:38 AM | Locked

Mark Barnes:
The screenshot below shows a parallel resource dropdown. The commentary in use is in a collection (show on the right), though you'll see that collection doesn't appear in the dropdown. It's possibly that's a bug. If it's not, it's presumably because I have page number in the reference box. However, that raises two questions. (1) Why I can't change it to a Bible reference, and (b) why any parallel resources show at all.

1a)  This is a known problem in some resources. I've added this series to the list. If you scroll back up one notch, it will revert back to Hebrews 10:26.

1b)  It apparently continues to use the Bible reference for the PRS even though the reference has changed. 

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 10:43 AM | Locked

Will you report the incorrect page numbers, or should I raise a typo?

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 10:53 AM | Locked

Mark Barnes:

Will you report the incorrect page numbers, or should I raise a typo?

I'll report it, thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS