Summary Charts of Greek Syntax

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 10 2019 11:41 AM

When I first learned Greek I appreciated having several summary charts of syntax. Can anyone point to such charts in Logos? On a search I found out that Wallace's book Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics has a chapter heading called "Syntax Summaries". This may be what I'm looking for but I don't have that book.

Any suggestions?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 10 2019 11:51 AM

I was able to find one in Larkin's "Greek is Great Gain" in a chapter called "Grammar in the Head".

Can anyone point to others?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 22
Robert Kelbe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 10 2019 12:09 PM

This one is free to download as a PDF:

https://www.logos.com/product/6338/greek-and-hebrew-paradigm-charts

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 10 2019 1:17 PM

Robert Kelbe:

Thanks for trying to help but the link you provided is for paradigms and not syntax.

Posts 1870
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2019 8:07 AM

Bruce Dunning:
On a search I found out that Wallace's book Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics has a chapter heading called "Syntax Summaries". This may be what I'm looking for but I don't have that book.

I have that resource and could send you a sample if there is something specific you are looking for. His "cheat sheet" within the Chapter you mention is 14 pages. you can email me at Pastor_ _ at Google's email service inserting my first and last initial into the spaces.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2019 1:11 PM

David Thomas:
I have that resource and could send you a sample if there is something specific you are looking for. His "cheat sheet" within the Chapter you mention is 14 pages. you can email me at Pastor_ _ at Google's email service inserting my first and last initial into the spaces.

Thanks Dave. I just sent you an email. This book is also on my wish list.

Posts 12
Phil Tuften | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2019 9:05 PM

Bruce,

Daniel Wallace New Testament Greek Syntax.  This is a chart, Summary of his book.  Not sure if it's available in Logos, probably so.  Mine is the dead tree version laminated.  Cost about $7-10 AUD, here in Sydney.

Hope this helps

Leaving you in God's Care and Grace

Posts 3263
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2019 11:04 PM

Phil Tuften:
Daniel Wallace New Testament Greek Syntax.  This is a chart, Summary of his book.  Not sure if it's available in Logos, probably so.

Yes, here it is: https://www.logos.com/product/40505/new-testament-greek-syntax-reference 

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 12 2019 6:44 AM

PetahChristian:

Phil Tuften:
Daniel Wallace New Testament Greek Syntax.  This is a chart, Summary of his book.  Not sure if it's available in Logos, probably so.

Yes, here it is: https://www.logos.com/product/40505/new-testament-greek-syntax-reference 

Thanks. I have 179 resources in my library that I've tagged as Greek grammars but I don't have this one. It's now on my wish list waiting for a good sale. Maybe it might be this month. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS